Chapala.com Webboard

Santander, I'm Impressed

modeeper

I have no residency so I asked a friend to open an account for me.  Damn he took the longest time inside.  Turns out that extra time was due to his transferring the money from his present account to a new account in my new bank.  He was also impressed.

I don't know what always attracted me to Santan, it wasn't the logo or the colour scheme.  I think it was their ATMs.  Now that brethren is the Mercedes of bank machines.

I never bothered to Google the company, have no idea how they rank against the other options.  The counter service is impeccable!

Wow, that ain't cool at all.

But you know all the PC stuff means little around here.  I've seen job ads that say things like:  Secretary wanted, 18-22 years of age, Guerra, Good Presentation.  Of course we all know what good presentation means ..  If she's so stacked she would need help getting through the door, all the better!  

I know expats with Santander loans, mortgages, credit cards who are over 70. One at least has a Premier gold bank card and Platinum MasterCard.

guys to pay too much attention to what you read.. My husband and I were turned down by Walmart , Bancomer and Banamex for creidit card and the reason given to my husband is that he was over 70 and I was close to it so we forgot about it . On my 70´s birthday the manager of Bancomer called me and offered me a credit card. I told her  they turned me down because I was close to 70, she told me yes but you became a citizen and that is wonderful so we are offereing you a credit card... Go figure so do not be surprise that other banks turn you down for creit because of age..but things can change for wharever reason.. ;y limit was raised twice in one ear and I keep getting banks offereing me credit cards.. I guess I made the Mexican credit bureau or whatever the Mexican equivalent is.

36 minutes ago, bmh said:

guys to pay too much attention to what you read.. My husband and I were turned down by Walmart , Bancomer and Banamex for creidit card and the reason given to my husband is that he was over 70 and I was close to it so we forgot about it . On my 70´s birthday the manager of Bancomer called me and offered me a credit card. I told her  they turned me down because I was close to 70, she told me yes but you became a citizen and that is wonderful so we are offereing you a credit card... Go figure so do not be surprise that other banks turn you down for creit because of age..but things can change for wharever reason.. ;y limit was raised twice in one ear and I keep getting banks offereing me credit cards.. I guess I made the Mexican credit bureau or whatever the Mexican equivalent is.

Google Translation:

"Description

The VIVE BBVA Bancomer card allows you to make your purchases on credit, pay comfortably.

It has the Rewards Program with which you earn points and get discounts at thousands of stores nationwide.

Partnerships with shops for example: Walmart, Sam's Club, Chedrahui, Liverpool, The Iron Palace, Restaurants, etc .; where you can enjoy offers months without interest and discounts.

You can make cash arrangements in thousands of national and international ATMs.

Requirements

1. Residents in the Mexican Republic (Nationals and Foreigners).

2. Minimum age of 18 years and maximum age of 75 years as of the date of contract.

3. Minimum monthly income: $ 5,000.00

4. Current official identification.

5. Proof of address (when the identification does not contain it).

6. Signature of the client (credit card application and consultation with the credit bureau)."

^^ I don't see how a pensioner would be a bad risk.  But I'm thinking the life span of a Mexican might be slightly shorter making 70 a bigger number.

Here, I just looked it up: Mexican 75, USA 79, Canadian 81.  But back in 1985 when the USA and Canada were at 75, Mexico was at 65. 

So if the banks here used the mathematical formulas that insurance companies use for risk assessments, you could say you'd be viable for 9 more years.

Archived