Chapala.com Webboard

FRAT

FlyFree

I always take my car to the dealer because I feel them best suited for the job; however, I have known of Felipe’s work for years.   He was the go to guy in Armeria, Colima for all the gringos because he did a good job, spoke perfect english, was trained in the US and never screwed anybody.

On 12/22/2017 at 7:28 AM, Al Berca said:

I have used Francisco's in Riberas for 13 years. Several of my friends and neighbors do, too. I won't let anyone else touch my vehicle.

They have been closed for around 4 weeks or more due to, "internal adjustments", whatever that means. I too have used them and had very good experience, however my car needs maintenance. I have been waiting for them to open again but think I will have to go elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

They have been closed for around 4 weeks or more due to, "internal adjustments", whatever that means. I too have used them and had very good experience, however my car needs maintenance. I have been waiting for them to open again but think I will have to go elsewhere.

Ricardo Ramirez who was the main mechanic is opening up his own shop next door.

Just like everything from dentists, to vets to mechanics, you will find "hate" stories and "love" ones.

I have used the same mechanic for the last 14-years; Angel on Pepe Gazar. He has gone well above-and-beyond in helping me, even to coming out to me when I was stranded on the road near Vista del Lago.

I usually feel bad when I get his bill because it's usually half-of what others have quoted me. I usually give some extra. He is a one-man operation with one assistant when he can find a reliable one.

Above is IMO based on personal experience.

7 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

My understanding is that Francisco's is closed permanently.  I've heard that one of the mechanics may take over the business but Francisco's is no more.

Archived