Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon.com.mx

cedros

41 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

You aren't alone with Amazon delivery problems, and I'm talking U.S. Amazon, not even .mx. Lost an important shipment back on December 7, $300 worth of audio gear, never to be seen again. A re-order, guaranted next-day delivery (paid extra for that), told me it would take five days. After talking to support, it took four days. Another expensive item from Etsy, ordered a month ago, has been to so many destinations in the U.S. and Canada, crossing the border several times, I have to assume that all the drivers and pilots are drunk this month. Imagine going from Texas to northern Saskatchewan, then back to Texas via Chicago, Detroit, Canada, Canada again... for a small packaged destined for Ottawa. A month ago, and it hasn't arrived yet.

Last year, Amazon lost a drone I was sending to someone; never arrived anywhere. I am about burned out ordering online.

That is amazingly bad.

46 minutes ago, sugarplumfaerie said:

Mexico has its own tracking web site and I  plugged in a tracking # from Greece and the package was  tracked right to delivery here at my door.  Also, you can go the post office and they will check in their computer.  http://www.correosdemexico.gob.mx/English/Paginas/track.aspx

Thanks. I have tried that one before. And it did accept the US tracking number but all it said was in transit. Today it won't even work.

It is working now and says; "22/12/201711:12:00Administración Postal Jocotepec, Jal.Recepción en Oficina de Correos" So it is getting close. To have to go to the PO and ask seems bizarre as it is supposed to be a tracking number. I possibly could have found the product in Guadalajara but I didn't wasn't the hassle of driving there and trying to find the place. But using Amazon is more hassle and much slower.

14 minutes ago, cedros said:

To have to go to the PO and ask seems bizarre as it is supposed to be a tracking number. 

I was waiting for something without a tracking # and the post office was able to search by my name.  That is why I mentioned that.  Just an option to using their online tracking.  I found the same thing with the online tracking, did not always get the same result.  But I discovered that it sometimes is very slow and just did not load the results as fast as I wanted to see them. 

5 hours ago, sugarplumfaerie said:

I was waiting for something without a tracking # and the post office was able to search by my name.  That is why I mentioned that.  Just an option to using their online tracking.  I found the same thing with the online tracking, did not always get the same result.  But I discovered that it sometimes is very slow and just did not load the results as fast as I wanted to see them. 

The tracking number says my package is at the Joctepec post office so I phone them to ask when they will deliver. They ask where I live. I tell them and they say it will be in Ajijic. I phone the Ajijc PO and they say on no-Jocotepec. Enough to drive you to drink. I've been staying at home since early December waiting for various couriers.

Archived