Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon.com.mx

cedros

I thought it was time to try using Amazon.com.mx so I ordered some vacuum bags November 25th. I received detalles del pedido from them. They billed my MC and shipped them November 27th. Estimated delivery Dec 6 to Dec 19. Nothing has arrived yet. They give a rastrea (tracking) button but nothing happens when you click it so I don't know how it is being shipped or where it is. Likewise for contacta al vendedor. There is no place to contact them or enquire. What do do?  

I find Amazon MX Prime the easiest, fastest, often cheapest.  I rarely order an item that is not Prime.  It also helps if you search for the item in BOTH English and Spanish.  

This week I was looking for a 9" springform pan.  When I searched in English, the cheapest was around 250p.  But when I searched in Spanish (molde desmontable), there were 2 for under 100p, including an Ekco Baker's Secret for 93p.

Arrived overnight.  Free shipping.  

2 hours ago, cedros said:

I thought it was time to try using Amazon.com.mx so I ordered some vacuum bags November 25th. I received detalles del pedido from them. They billed my MC and shipped them November 27th. Estimated delivery Dec 6 to Dec 19. Nothing has arrived yet. They give a rastrea (tracking) button but nothing happens when you click it so I don't know how it is being shipped or where it is. Likewise for contacta al vendedor. There is no place to contact them or enquire. What do do?  

I have had very good luck sending Amazon.com.mx emails via their contact page....they always reply in a few hours or less.  I write to them in Spanish.  

They have replied to both English and Spanish inquiries from us. If you use Chrome you can set everything to translate for you, just remember Google translate is not yet an exact science, lol.

3 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/help/customer/contact-us?

Most low cost products shipped from the US go to the border and are picked up by Amazon MX. Their delivery time from there is two day. There really is no "tracking" when they do it that way. 

PS, Why so slow?

Most-wonderful-time.png

I went there to chat and they say I have no order with them. They have debited my credit card and sent me a pedido but they say they have no record of it.

2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

I order from the cheapest and the US is usually more due to shipping cost's for the same item.

If you order from Amazon USA as the vendor and order items that have free shipping,  generally if the order is $65 or more,  the shipping is free. There isn't much they can do about items that have duty. When you order on Amazon from sellers who ship to Mexico the shipping is usually high. I've ordered a few times from Amazon.Mx but many items are imported from Amazon USA so it's cheaper and easier to order directly from Amazon USA.

I've recently ordered several items from Amazon.com.mx, using Prime.  It boggles the mind to see how quickly things arrive.  Twelve hours later, boom!--it's at the door.  The other day I was looking in supermarket here for the kind of cat food my kitties like best, and there was none of that brand to be had.  I looked on Amazon.com.mx and there it was, less expensive than buying it at that store plus free Prime delivery.  Bingo, the next morning--cupboard full of cat food.  Last night I thought, hmm, I'm out of lightbulbs (earthquakes are hard on lightbulbs).  Amazon.com.mx had exactly what I wanted.  They'll be here today. 

This could be dangerous.  :rolleyes:   

19 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/help/customer/contact-us?

Most low cost products shipped from the US go to the border and are picked up by Amazon MX. Their delivery time from there is two day. There really is no "tracking" when they do it that way. 

PS, Why so slow?

Most-wonderful-time.png

Whenever I buy from Amazon USA they ship via DSL and I am able to track it the entire way.

My only problem with Amazon Mexico is that it is in Spanish. Does anyone know a quick fix. I would love to shop this way. I am also a prime customer through my US account. It does not seem to work here for me for streaming videos etc. It says unavailable to stream in country. Any help would be great

Thanks.

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

They don't ship DHL for cheap stuff like vacuum bags.

Odd that my delivery yesterday was for 4 vacuum belts and a  roller bar came DSL. I paid $5 USD duty and no shipping charges. Not expensive items, but I am sure you will think about it, pick it apart and find a way to disagree. 

After I sent them copies of the pedido they had sent me I got a reaction. Today I got several emails from Amazon and they have found my order (which was due to arrive yesterday) and they have shipped it via USPS and I now have a tracking number for it and it is almost here. A relief maybe.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:44 AM, Miracle Worker said:

My only problem with Amazon Mexico is that it is in Spanish. Does anyone know a quick fix. I would love to shop this way. I am also a prime customer through my US account. It does not seem to work here for me for streaming videos etc. It says unavailable to stream in country. Any help would be great

Thanks.

If you right click you will be able to click on translate this page.

I recommend clicking this link, then clicking ADD TO FIREFOX. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/s3google-translator/

Then on any page, right-click to get S3 translation capabilities. On the S3 menu, you will also see SETTINGS, and you can tell it which language you usually want, whether to translate automatically or by selecting words and phrases, etc. Highlightin any Spanish text with your mouse will give you several other options: translate, speak, copy, etc.

I have never tried. Several posts in the past said you could not use your US or Canadian prime here in Mexico and that you need to pay something like $33 US plus or minus, I don't remember exactly, to get a Mexican prime status.

Others have said/posted that you get it automatically if you have it up north. I have no idea who is right.

So far I have only used Amazon when in the states where I have a prime membership.

Still no sign of my order through Amazon.com.mx. It was in the USPS with a tracking number. Now it is in the Mexican postal system somewhere-no tracking number. It was due Dec 6th to 19th. They put a credit of 450 on my account for my problems but I doubt it I will use them again. 

You aren't alone with Amazon delivery problems, and I'm talking U.S. Amazon, not even .mx. Lost an important shipment back on December 7, $300 worth of audio gear, never to be seen again. A re-order, guaranted next-day delivery (paid extra for that), told me it would take five days. After talking to support, it took four days. Another expensive item from Etsy, ordered a month ago, has been to so many destinations in the U.S. and Canada, crossing the border several times, I have to assume that all the drivers and pilots are drunk this month. Imagine going from Texas to northern Saskatchewan, then back to Texas via Chicago, Detroit, Canada, Canada again... for a small packaged destined for Ottawa. A month ago, and it hasn't arrived yet.

Last year, Amazon lost a drone I was sending to someone; never arrived anywhere. I am about burned out ordering online.

Archived