Chapala.com Webboard

details Pancho and Superlake

nothernewbie

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the location is too problematic, the new venture probably won't succeed.  When it comes to new businesses around here, particularly those that deal with food, it seems that many are called but few are chosen.  Certainly Pancho has the necessary experience and we can always use more competition around here.  We hope it succeeds as we can walk to it easily but we buy so little imported stuff outside of Costco we won't help the success much.

As our time in Mexico has increased, our "wants" for imported food have faded.  Between ordering staples from Costco and shopping at the farmers' market, the only things we were buying from Superlake were breads, some cheeses and fresh fruit.  If Pancho can provide these things and parking is easier than Superlake,  we'll be going there.  It's closer to our house.

Although I agree, parking should be a problem at the new store, I dropped by at 2 PM, today, Monday and there were severalparking places available, I just must have been lucky. Pancho is getting more and more items in and will have first class fruits and vegetables (his words) arriving Wednesday or Thursday.(I don't remember which)

I am not an expert on the subject, but everything looks great and I believe his operation will be successful. He is getting closer and closer to being fully operational

I had stopped by Superlake earlier, and I picked up my Triscuits  and some green grapes and although I didn't look very hard, everything looked about the same as it always does.

Although I am sad that Pancho is no longer at Superlake, I believe there is room for both stores, and as you will see he will be specializing in those items he found we Expats want most. I am looking forward to seeing the completed product. It will be interesting to see how the parking goes.

I would think that, at the moment, there would not be a parking problem there during the afternoon. And, although there is a lot of 'discussion' about Pancho's new place here on the Board, I suspect that most of the folks that will sooner or later trade there do NOT frequent the Board. Once the word gets out I don't see how parking won't be a major problem... more so than at Superlake which we all know is terrible. I just don't see many Lakesiders walking to get groceries there, but maybe I'm wrong.

I and I suspect  most people who are posting  have no idea of Pancho relationship with the principles of Superlake

Given that he has to set up a new business and rent space I would suggest  is the  Elephant in the room. Most of the new business that start up at Lakeside bearly make sufficient turnover to pay the rent yet alone make a living wage, hence their  demise.

When I dropped by today, I was impressed with Pancho's efforts and if the potential parking problem solves itself, I think he will be successful (Again I am not an expert on the subject and could easily be wrong)

11 hours ago, RickS said:

I would think that, at the moment, there would not be a parking problem there during the afternoon. And, although there is a lot of 'discussion' about Pancho's new place here on the Board, I suspect that most of the folks that will sooner or later trade there do NOT frequent the Board. Once the word gets out I don't see how parking won't be a major problem... more so than at Superlake which we all know is terrible. I just don't see many Lakesiders walking to get groceries there, but maybe I'm wrong.

I walk to El Torito for groceries once or twice a week; Pancho's place is about the same distance albeit across the dreaded carretera.  I will use it if he stocks items I want.

41 minutes ago, La Mision said:

I believe he will be able to have parking at the rear and you will be able to enter on the east side of the building and enter the store from the rear.

This would be very helpful if that is what they are planning. Is this pure speculation, a solid rumor, or direct from reliable source? :D

2 hours ago, La Mision said:

I was told that by a customer @ the restaurant, when I mentioned that parking seemed to be a concern that people were talking about.

Okay. So a solid rumor, I guess. It is a good idea so I hope it is true. 

Don't you think if there were parking available in the rear that El Barco would have found a way to take advantage of that parking?  I am hopeful that Pancho will be able to establish an alternative to Superlake,

We were in there several days ago.  The lady in front of us had a bag of bagels with a large tag that said 79 pesos but no bar code.  The cashier punched in the code for bagels and the price came up as 109.  She called over to the person sitting at the desk to ask the price and was told 109.  That is what got entered.  The whole thing was surreal including the fact that the lady didn't disagree.

Archived