Chapala.com Webboard

My Infinitum internet down

johanson

I remember that not so long ago that when it rained, our internet would go down. Well it rained and my Telmex internet is down. Anyone else having problems with their Telmex internet?

Oh, how am I connecting to the internet when my infinitum is down? I am using my iPhone as a hotspot.

13 minutes ago, johanson said:

I remember that not so long ago that when it rained, our internet would go down. Well it rained and my Telmex internet is down. Anyone else having problems with their Telmex internet?

Ours is down also here in PV after the big rain of yesterday.

HORRIBLE service!  Could be the worst on the planet.  There's one that uses satellite reception, and it's even cheaper.  Can't remember what it's called.  Maybe AXNET.  Too bad I don't live in their area of service.

I HATE Infinitum! 

I changed houses 6 months ago.  I was getting 9-10 megas download speed.  I move 4 blocks away and got 2.5.  I told them to change my plan to the cheapest, that one is advertised @ 3 megas.  I'm getting 2.5 still.  

I think it might be a matter of optic cable or no.  Or that some high lines have way more traffic than others.  But to me the real issue is you're not getting what you paid for; 599 a month .. 399 per month round here are both 2.5. megas.  I talk to the installation dudes all the time.  They all have the same story, or better, the same lie, "it's because you live far from GDL."  No pal, no way 4 blocks is going to make a difference.  You need at least 5 megas to stream.  Oh, that dish service I mentioned a while ago might be AxTel, not AXnet.  Whatever it is I want it!

It has only do to with infrastructure. This past year, TelMex introduced VDSL to their DSL system, which required a lot of CO upgrades but nothing in the way of phone line improvements. I definitely don't have fibre here, but my speed has quadrupled in the past two years.

14 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

It has only do to with infrastructure. This past year, TelMex introduced VDSL to their DSL system, which required a lot of CO upgrades but nothing in the way of phone line improvements. I definitely don't have fibre here, but my speed has quadrupled in the past two years.

Yes, those connection crews I mentioned have said the system is being upgraded to fiber but it takes time cause it takes money.  Right!

Routers can be hacked.  But not by this reporter.

One probem the OP has is prolly attributed to the season we're in .. kids out of school and playing online games and Christmas calls to family.

Yes the speeds in your area, Angus, are very very good. I live according to the computer at the Ajijic Telmex office, 1070 meters from where my telephone line connects to the internet (DSLAM) card. And I get the best speed they can give me in my area. Shown below is what I regularly get

6897708030.png

The techs who came to my house said I could have faster but that that the information highway between Ajijic and Guadalajara is too small. I have had pretty good luck using Telmex Infinitum over the years, and all though I would really like the speed that Angus gets, what I get meets most of my needs

Here is a special Xmas present to all of you who want 300 to 500 megas download speed:

Go here: www.rabb.it/sign up/ (after that) wait for the menu interface to load/click on other popular websites/click on Google, Hulu or whatever.  I only use Google myself.  Type in the site you want to read from or stream, like MSNBC or CNN, whatever.  Wow!  Now go to your preferred, "What's my Internet speed" utility and check those numbers.

This is sort of a Facebook-like setup where you join with your invited friends to watch films together then chat about them.

Downside:  You are not able to download unless you have Linix. 

No charge y'all it's Christmas.

24 minutes ago, modeeper said:

Have you heard the adage, never count you money in front of a poor man? 

No, but I heard the Woody Guthrie song, Lonesome Valley, that says:

You gotta walk that lonesome valley,
You gotta walk it by yourself,
Nobody here can walk it for you,
You gotta walk it by yourself.

4 hours ago, modeeper said:

I think it might be a matter of optic cable or no.  Or that some high lines have way more traffic than others.  But to me the real issue is you're not getting what you paid for; 599 a month .. 399 per month round here are both 2.5. megas.  I talk to the installation dudes all the time.  They all have the same story, or better, the same lie, "it's because you live far from GDL."  No pal, no way 4 blocks is going to make a difference.  You need at least 5 megas to stream.  Oh, that dish service I mentioned a while ago might be AxTel, not AXnet.  Whatever it is I want it!

Axtel had a internet service by antenna but not by satellite. But that service was even way worse then telmex the last few years and it was only an option for those where no other internet service was available. 

Axtel now offers only fiber optic internet which is a good fast and reliable internetservice but it's only available in some big cities.

Archived