Chapala.com Webboard

hours for big fabric warehouse past Iztlahuacan?

bdmowers

Anyone know current hours for the big fabric warehouse past Iztlahuacan?  They changed ownership recently and used to be called Textiles La Capilla.  Current name?  Has anyone been there on Saturday recently? Thanks.

Guest English Rose
4 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

I would be interested  in what you think when you do visit.....Compared with many years back, I think it's disorganised and dirty

I agree. It wasn't a place to buy any kind of 'regular' fabric be it for curtains, upholstery or to make clothing and was very dirty. If it has changed hands  I would be interested to hear what changes, if any, are made.

23 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

I would be interested  in what you think when you do visit.....Compared with many years back, I think it's disorganised and dirty

I went to the warehouse today, still called Textiles La Capilla, and found it well organized and clean.  The bins of pieces of mostly acrylics in the center area were organized according to type of fabric, a big change from times past.  The areas on the sides were also organized by type of fabric.  Most of this area were for bolts of fabric.  This is a place for bulk, by the kilo fabric, sort of like a gigantic garage sale.  It is very different from a regular fabric store.  It is a place to explore, not to expect perfect organization and cleanliness. I found some large pieces, 2-3 metros each, of  thick printed twill I will use to cover floors and tables for my creative projects.  Perhaps 7-8 meters, 160 pesos.  I also found some heavy 100% linen in a beautiful seafoam green color a friend will make a jacket from.  4 meters, 240 pesos.  So, I found some treasures but had to hunt around a bit. I enjoyed the hunt and left happy and spent very little. Stock changes frequently so I will return every so often.

I was there shortly after it changed owners a little over a year ago  to Retaceria Hernandez and got a bolt of cotton print and made curtains for my sun room. As for how to get there - head north to GDL, past the access to Ocotlan, there are a couple of small subdivisions and new pedestrian overpasses, at the top of the grade on the left is San Jorge industrial area, on the right you will see signs for Aqualand and Real del Lago el Rodeo. Take the road on the right, the Retaceria is on the left.

FYI there is a Surtek and usually a few vehicles for sale on that corner.

2 hours ago, SunFan said:

BDMOWERS

Would you have an address or directions to the fabric store? Sounds interesting.

TIA

SunFan

The sign on the buillding says Textiles La Capilla but you need to put "Retacería Hernández, Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos" into Google to get a map and picture of the building.  The address is Carretera Chapala fraccionamiento San Mateo #1 but is useless since there are no street signs and Google returns nothing for it.  Their phone is 333 161 5663, hours: M-F 10-6, Saturday 10-2.

Archived