Chapala.com Webboard

GUADALUPE DAY, SAN JUAN COSALA VIDEOS

ezpz

San Juan Cosala is maybe half the size of Ajijic but their Guadalupe Day and procession are considerably larger than the one in Ajijic with maybe 1000 people participating.  They also have a tradition of building much larger and more elaborate altars outside their houses, all of which make it worth your while to spend Guadalupe day there.  After a nice afternoon at the Balneario I went to the Viva Mexico restaurant on the main drag for a sumptuous dinner while the procession went by.  Most of the gringos go home after that, but I went down to the church later where the real fun is when the procession gets back to the church, as you will see.  It's a lot of Making a Joyful Noise!!  I deeply love the danzantes, and the church is so beautiful there.  The lighting was not strong enough for video visuals, but the soundtrack is amazing.   Didn't stay for the rest of the fiesta, but last year we heard an excellent banda in the plaza - unamplified except for the singers.  

I had too many fotos/videos for one "movie" so I divvied them up into two.  The first is of the procession itself, the second consists of miscellaneous fotos around town.

4 hours ago, DeborahM said:

Thanks! It was FABULOUS!! Thanks for posting these.

How do you insert a video clip into a post, and does it need to be in a specific format...techie luddite here!

When you  are in your "reply" or "start new topic" screen, you will see a paper clip icon with a message to drag files there OR Choose Files, which you click to load your video or still foto.  I think you can only do 2 per screen.  There is a prompt to confirm if you want the file to embed or just be a link.  

I've been here over 10 years and the first 5, I used to have a foto/video page with around 12,000 fotos/videos of this area on webshots.com, the original foto sharing website.  I went to all the fiestas when I moved here and became a "fiesta head"  jaja!  I had so much fun!  At that time before smartfones, there were very few people posting videos of the local events - the gringo attendance was almost zero, and few Mexicans had the computer skills to upload to the internet.  So, I used to have quite a following, getting hundreds or thousands of views a week.  Sadly, that site was dismantled over 5 years ago. 

I regret that I can't post videos of the older fiestas and aspects of the towns here as a lot has changed since then.  Speaking of which, I've often wondered if there would be any interest in an "Ajijic Archive" FB page.  It would be very time consuming to go over all those old fotos and videos and upload them again.  What do you think? 

On 12/17/2017 at 12:53 PM, ezpz said:

I regret that I can't post videos of the older fiestas and aspects of the towns here as a lot has changed since then.  Speaking of which, I've often wondered if there would be any interest in an "Ajijic Archive" FB page.  It would be very time consuming to go over all those old fotos and videos and upload them again.  What do you think? 

Thanks for your advice...and I think this is a WONDERFUL idea!

Archived