Chapala.com Webboard

Residents using the On-Line FMM on Mexican Departure

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, John-in-Vallarta said:

This question to legal Residents:  Have you had any issues arise at the IMN Airport Desk when using and printing off the On-Line FMM for departure from Mexico - and having the top half accepted on return at GDL or PVR Airports?

https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/en/solicitud.html

It is asking you to fill out your information only to enter Mexico and recieve a 180 day tourist FMM card. Why not simply fill out a FMM card the correct way for legal residents of Mexico [not as a tourist] at the airport. It takes about 3 to 5 minutes and guarantees you are not getting screwed around by filling out an enter into Mexico by airplane 180 day tourist FMM online? Does everyone have to do things the online way now instead of the old fashioned way with a pen? :)

You only have to fill out the smaller bottom portion when leaving and then fill out the larger top portion when arriving back in Mexico. You don´t need to fill out the whole FMM card like tourists do when entering Mexico.

This comment is NOT for Permanente residents leaving & returning but for FMM (Tourist) applicants coming to Mexico for 180 days or less.

When we flew into Guadalajara at the end of October, the airline didn't have any blank FMM forms to hand out onboard.  When we got to the Immigration part of the arrivals area, they didn't have enough forms for everyone.  Once they handed out more, we had to fill out the forms without anything firm to write on and also having to shuffle along in the long line with our carry on luggage.  Some people didn't have a pen with them and had to borrow from other travellers.

All in all... it was very time consuming.  We are returning to Canada for Christmas and I have just filled out the online form and printed it off.

No more of that problem the next time.

My question is not for tourists - it was directed at Visa holders.  The FMM on-line form appears to work better for Permanente and Temporal LEAVING Mexico - is what I asked.  I was told by IMN I could use it and then bring it to the counter for a stamp at the airport IMN before I leave.  I asked has anyone done this yet without a problem on the return.

I don't understand why you are anticipating a problem with the form on your return. Many residents just fill out a new one on the plane anyway. It seems counter-intuitive, like the bar code or serial number on the 2 halves should match, but INM really doesn't seem to care whether you use the second half of the form on your return or a new one.

We & family members travel enough to have extra current FMM forms on hand at home where we fill out the form before leaving for the airport where we then stop at the INM window and receive the various stampings and notations (and another one or two FMM forms) -- kinda the best of both worlds (old fashion and modern.)   Even if the form changes. having all the information on the completed form makes quick work of filling in a new iteration.  Among the advantages of completing the forms manually is to be sure that Res Perm or Res Temp is printed on the top of the return form and "other" is the box checked for purpose of entering Mexico.

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:39 PM, John-in-Vallarta said:

My question is not for tourists - it was directed at Visa holders.  The FMM on-line form appears to work better for Permanente and Temporal LEAVING Mexico - is what I asked.  I was told by IMN I could use it and then bring it to the counter for a stamp at the airport IMN before I leave.  I asked has anyone done this yet without a problem on the return.

https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/en/solicitud.html

"The Forma Migratoria Múltiple for entry by air may be obtained electronically through the Institute’s web portal by foreign nationals entering the country by air through those places intended for international passenger transit.

The applicant agrees that the permit to stay he or she shall obtain by entering information shall be that of a visitor without a permit to carry out gainful activities.

The applicant understands that the electronically-obtained Forma Migratoria Múltiple (FMME) for entry by air has a maximum validity of 180 calendar days and can only be used for a single entry.

The applicant understands that the validity of the electronically-obtained Forma Migratoria Múltiple (FMME) for entry by air shall start at the time the immigration seal is stamped, provided he or she meets the requirements for entering into Mexico.

The applicant must print the electronically-obtained Forma Migratoria Múltiple (FMME) for entry by air and must submit it at the place intended for international passenger transit where he or she intends to enter.

The applicant must present his or her passport and, if required due to his or her country of citizenship, a valid and non-expired visa, as well as the electronically-obtained Forma Migratoria Múltiple (FMME) for entry by air at the time of applying for entry.

The applicant understands that printing the electronically-obtained Forma Migratoria Múltiple (FMME) for entry by air does not guarantee his or her entry into Mexico."

Quoted from my previous post on this subject:

It is asking you to fill out your information only to enter Mexico and recieve a 180 day tourist FMM card. Why not simply fill out a FMM card the correct way for legal residents of Mexico [not as a tourist] at the airport. It takes about 3 to 5 minutes and guarantees you are not getting screwed around by filling out an enter into Mexico by airplane 180 day tourist FMM online? Does everyone have to do things the online way now instead of the old fashioned way with a pen? :)

You only have to fill out the smaller bottom portion when leaving and then fill out the larger top portion when arriving back in Mexico. You don´t need to fill out the whole FMM card like tourists do when entering Mexico.

It will not work for any Residente Temporal or Residente Permanente because of the above correct information I posted and now re-posted above. You need to fill out the smaller bottom portion of a FMM form as a legal resident of Mexico and hand it to an Immigation Official to be stamped when leaving Mexico at a Mexican airport and take this portion to the airlines which will take it from you and hand it later into the INM officials at that Mexican airport. When entering [returning for abroad] legal residents of Mexico fill out the larger top portion of a FMM card, and hand this along with a passport, resident card to INM officials at the Mexican airport. They will keep this portion and enter your return to Mexico into their data system.

Archived