Chapala.com Webboard

Tuesday Market

artsnob

15 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

As far as I am concerned "organic" at these weekly events is just a scam to raise the prices of the same things that you can get at the local Tianguis at half the price. At Walmart or Superlake you have to spend a little time searching for the freshest fruits and vegetables but again the same products at a much lower price. If it makes you feel better believing the "organic" claims (what is the proof?) then go for it. 

You're welcome to your opinion even it it's not true. The vendors are certified by The Board.  Ask Jose' Melendrez for further details.  Certainly, most of the items at the Tuesday market are NOT available at other outlets!

18 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

As far as I am concerned "organic" at these weekly events is just a scam to raise the prices of the same things that you can get at the local Tianguis at half the price. At Walmart or Superlake you have to spend a little time searching for the freshest fruits and vegetables but again the same products at a much lower price. If it makes you feel better believing the "organic" claims (what is the proof?) then go for it. 

The items I listed are NOT available at Walmart or SuperLake.  The produce at the Tianguis comes from the Abastos!

32 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I think the original  OP was looking for a missing person....or not

That question was answered quickly.  Then the thread drifted to how busy the market is.  Then to dissing the providers of organic produce, meat, and eggs.  The market is strict about vendors claims and works to ensure there's a minimum of overlap between vendor's offerings.

I agree the Tuesday Market is a zoo, but I can get the freshest produce, sometimes picked that morning, anywhere Lakeside. Even the abastos produce  has been sitting for a few days. Fresh eggs, cheese, meat... Comparing produce that has been sitting in a WalMart warehouse and then sprayed with chemicals to make it look fresh, to locally grown, organic produce is like comparing Pro wrestling to professional ballet.

Just went to the Monday market for the first time to buy Deena's kefir and Greek yogurt since she's no longer going to be at the Tuesday market.  She also had her selection of home grown fresh greens on display.

It is a smaller venue, but a good variety of foods available.  Parking is what you'd expect: "challenging".

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, pappysmarket said:

Haha, nothing has changed since we first visited the Ajijic tiangus in 2001. Super Lake also, they think they're at a social function.

What's wrong with being Social--unless your in a rush--A table might be appropriate to free up space but it is fun to socialize and greet a

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, Mainecoons said:

Image result for cattle stampede pictures

Our Goal is also to get in and out also--but I must say it is crowded--As far as Socializing and meeting new people what better a place to do it---We have enjoyed getting in and out but also the energy and yes I think people could get a table if a long conversation is to take place-- After all we didn't move here to be in a big rush!! Chill is what we do--Merry Christmas

On 12/13/2017 at 1:46 PM, artsnob said:

Friends of mine went today and Deena was not there, they were told she is no longer there,, she has been with them since they started, has She gone elsewhere...

Since you and her are best friends why don't you call her?

21 minutes ago, El Saltos said:

Wasn't this alreayd covered?  She's at the Monday Market now.

On December 13, Artsnob started the thread with the same question, which was promptly answered after that with the same information you just gave.  What do you suppose that's all about? Memory problem? 

On 12/14/2017 at 12:03 PM, gringal said:

Particularly in high season, Tuesday market is an overcrowded gauntlet to run to get the few things we want.  Getting in and out in less than 15 minutes is our desired goal.  That's a "social" occasion?  Wow!  Just getting in the door when the bell rings feels like being part of a stampeding herd.  :rolleyes:

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."--Yogi Berra

15 hours ago, gringal said:

On December 13, Artsnob started the thread with the same question, which was promptly answered after that with the same information you just gave.  What do you suppose that's all about? Memory problem? 

You can’t blame a guy for doing some guerrilla marketing for a friend.  

Archived