Chapala.com Webboard

No infinitum internet

johanson

It may have been just me, but when I tried to connect to the internet this morning before breakfast, it failed and all lights on my Telmex modem were on including DSL, except the  internet light. I went out to breakfast, came back and still no internet. To fix same, first I tried unplugging the power to the modem for 45 or more seconds and then reconnected it and it made no difference.

Next I pushed the reset button for 30 some seconds and low and behold, after waiting for everything to fire up on my modem, the final light, the internet light came on first red and then green and everything is running perfectly. Luckily pushing the reset button is no big deal.

Has anyone else had this type of problem lately? Or did I just have a random problem?

And where do a live? Across the street, on the uphill side of Las Salvias.  A friend who lives one street below me  and therefor in Las Salvias has been having the same problem as you, El Saltos. So far this is my first outage in quite a while.

We live in lower Villa Nova and have been having the same problems.  Last night was particularly annoying as we were watching Netflix and every few minutes we were losing internet.  Eventually, we gave up.  This has been happening now for a couple of months.

Archived