Chapala.com Webboard

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

The Cannabis Oil that is taken by humans for medicinal purposes is VERY TOXIC to dogs. My dog is now in the vet for the next 48 hours being sedated and flushed out. It affects their kidneys. She ate a milliliter of oil this a.m. at 7:45 (at least she had the good sense not to eat the syringe but it was in pieces) and at 8:30 I was in front of Ladrone's Clinic waiting for the emergency vet to arrive that I called at 8:15. She weighs 60 pounds.
It was on a mantle... obviously not high enough. Please keep your pets safe and lock it away in a drawer!

Thanks for the warning. Crossed paws for your dogs safe recovery.

A friend wrote a recent blog post about her dog eating a prescription pill she dropped on the floor. She immediately induced vomiting and the dog is OK, but this is an important heads up. Watch your meds and learn how to use peroxide to induce vomiting if needed.

Cora is now home. A HUGE thank you to the Ladron Clinic for knowing what to do to detoxify her. Their recovery room has both heat and air conditioning to keep the patients comfortable. Their knowledge and caring has been the reason that I've used them for the six years that Ajijic has been my home. Thanks again to the emergency vets and permanent staff there as well. Mil gracias.

On 12/9/2017 at 6:39 PM, MtnMama said:

Thanks for the warning. Crossed paws for your dogs safe recovery.

A friend wrote a recent blog post about her dog eating a prescription pill she dropped on the floor. She immediately induced vomiting and the dog is OK, but this is an important heads up. Watch your meds and learn how to use peroxide to induce vomiting if needed.

I have found that inducing vomiting is easy with most dogs. Just put some hydrogen peroxide in something tasty (my house ice cream) and most will scarf it up. They vomit pretty quickly so be prepared.

Archived