Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
elrich

IMSS Renewal

Recommended Posts

Yes there are new rules concerning the IMSS renewal. No longer do you have the have your papers filled out in Chapala. You must go to Guadalajara with your paid papers from latest year. Also needed is your CURP number Passport or INM status and a utility bill for proof of address. All Must be original plus copies. You must present them in person and your picture will be taking at the desk. You can pick up your number on entering the building and they are located on the second floor when applying. My cost for this process was 7,700 pesos I am over 80 years old.

Also new rulings in Chapala I was told I can no longer get a date for my next appointment at the desk. I will have to make a telephone call to schedule my next appointment. I hope there won't be mass confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of what you mentioned is not new, I am over 80 and paid 7,700pesos in Feb 2017

The info that Chapels clinic requires you  to make a telephone call is new. However this maybe due to your circumstances , ie, the computer system is not yet load for 2018 appointments,  this happened to me last year

Thanks for sharing  your  experience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not Chapala clinic that made the appointment booking rule. It is system wide ( or at least for sure in this area).  And you do not call the clinic. They will give you the 01-800 number to call.

OR you can go on line and make your booking ----  reading Spanish helps in this instance. It's a frustrating web site and I've had some issues with it, but have made last two appts. this way and it DOES work. They require your CURP number and  email address as part of the process, and once you make the appt. will confirm it by email.

citamedicadigital.imss.gob.mx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder  how many Mexicans I see before and after my regular  appointment have access to  a computer or are computer literate,  not many I suspect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 10 plus years that my wife and I have been a member of IMSS we have never made an appointment to get renewed. We just go to Guadalajara. It certainly has sped up over the years. What used to take half a day is now done in under an hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

I wonder  how many Mexicans I see before and after my regular  appointment have access to  a computer or are computer literate,  not many I suspect 

You'd be surprised how many can do this on their cell phones!  (I am not included in this group..:()

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dcstroker said:

In the 10 plus years that my wife and I have been a member of IMSS we have never made an appointment to get renewed. We just go to Guadalajara. It certainly has sped up over the years. What used to take half a day is now done in under an hour.

If you refer to the OP,  doing the renewal and new rules re: making appointments for local clinic are two unrelated topics.

Please note this refers to local clinic levels only. Specialist appts. still have to be done via the clinic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Natasha said:

If you refer to the OP,  doing the renewal and new rules re: making appointments for local clinic are two unrelated topics.

Please note this refers to local clinic levels only. Specialist appts. still have to be done via the clinic.

My bad. That makes more sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...