Chapala.com Webboard

New Car Battery Required

Cincy

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

I didn't see any at Walmart, San Antonio...

San Antonio AutoZone:  Duralast, 560 amp, 4 year warrenty   $1,639.90 - $250 core = $1389.90 pesos.  I changed out the old/new battery myself at the store.

Why? One of the clerks at the store will do it for you and take your old one away.

I always found better prices for LTH auto batteries in Ixtlahuacan, at a small place with an LTH sign, on the right, just inside the city gates.  They will install and give a guarantee card.  You will need Spanish, though.

10 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Why imply that someone is foolish for choosing to do something oneself?

Why read something negative into something I said that  I didn't say. The staff at that store are very helpful in matters like this and they will do it for you [and now I add:correctly] is what I implied,nothing more,nothing less.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:15 PM, ronhereagain said:

Walmart, San Antonio  is where I got mine, they're in a lockup cage in the auto parts section.

I finally found the lockup cage in Walmart - on the very end of one of the aisles!  Can't believe I'd never seen that before...

On December 7, 2017 at 6:09 PM, lakeside7 said:

Take great care when changing batteries on late model cars. If you mess up the continuity of the electric system you s

Nothing happens when you change a battery.. Unless you leave it disconnected for weeks..  Even then once you drive it on the hwy  for a certain length of time at a certain speed everything resets...

Archived