Chapala.com Webboard

Van and Driver

Zira10

Call Francisco Miramontes  ‭(333) 157-8060‬ he and his sons drive gringos for a living. They have a van for exactly what you need. We have used him for over 8 years. He drove my husband t the airport with a 345am pick up 2 days ago. Always on time and reliable.

• Like 3

Also, if you are paying a driver to pick you up, no one ever knows how long it will take to get through customs.  Sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes an hour or more.  So it is possible that either your guests or your driver will be waiting for a time. The hired drivers do charge more to pick up at the airport because of this.   An airport taxi van is an excellent idea. 

• Like 1

I highly recommend the Miramontes family and use them often, however when it comes to people arriving at the airport I strongly urge you to have your family hire a taxi there. It's so easy that I don't even pick up people anymore and here's why: as mentioned earlier, any kind of delay with their flight will have them stressed that you're sitting around the airport waiting for who-knows-how-long. Travelers don't need more stress. Any protests or construction blockages are hard for private taxis to get through sometimes and the airport taxis have priority and know the ropes. Don't forget traffic delays on the highway if there's an accident that hasn't been cleared; now everybody's stressed.

There is a clearly marked taxi kiosk just inside the airport as passengers come out from customs. The price is fixed, tell them how many personas and show them the luggage. You pay at the kiosk and they hand you a receipt. You walk outside, a man will see your receipt and find the right size taxi for you.

Easy as 1-2-3 and no one gets stressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm with your, moonhill. Because of my eyes, I can't drive into oncoming headlights, especially on the highway from here. And last year, with the ongoing protests, it became very unclear what the best path would be. Then I had car trouble on the day I was to drive people to the airport.

Taking taxis both ways, which I am happy to pay for in exchange for peace-of-mind of both parties, now just seems like a natural thing to do. Family and friends might miss that great moment at the airport when you finally see them coming out of the doors, but heck. So much easier, and everyone forgets those moments anyway.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/6/2017 at 3:16 PM, Joyfull said:

Call Francisco Miramontes  ‭(333) 157-8060‬ he and his sons drive gringos for a living. They have a van for exactly what you need. We have used him for over 8 years. He drove my husband t the airport with a 345am pick up 2 days ago. Always on time and reliable.

Hi, do you know if Francisco can be reached via text to the number you provided. I tried texting (just because long distance calls from Canada can be very expensive) but I didn't receive a response from him. Would you know if he can be reached via email?