Chapala.com Webboard

Electricity off in the Raquet Club again

cedros

Hearsay tells us that most of the budget money goes to line the pockets of the senior officials, leaving very little for service and installations. But they have been sued and lost, and when I sent a photo of the decaying pole outside my house, a replacement pole was being installed two days later. (I also had a bilingual friend who has lived here all his life do the dirty work of telling them about it, in what I would call "no uncertain terms".

3 hours ago, gimpychimp said:

No it makes PERFECT sense.  If one person calls maybe it is a problem with the wiring in his house.  If 50 people call, they know the problem is theirs.

Not perfect sense if the one caller can see a problem in the street. It should not take 50 to phone. It is difficult to get used to such low standards of service.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:19 AM, lakeside7 said:

For your info Cedros, many  many years ago when people were more self reliant, in the Raquet  Club, Juan the  water guy had a long bamboo  stick and would go around re setting the "pop out" transformer  fuses

The "cure" was for the fuses to be replaced but CFE in their wisdom would not do this, even when residents offered to purchase new fuses.

Then when "things" became more organized the board stopped Juan.

My guess is that a significant amount of the disruption at Lakeside is similar,  The CFE prefer to continually come up and swing the old  fuse back in place, rather than replace with a new unit

As said most likely it is not the fuse which is bad, but hanging telephonewires or trees over the main wires. The same happened to our neighborhood where a fuse popped out three times a week. They never changed it. But it got fixed by clearing all the main wires of trees and telephone wires which were making a shorts and popping out those fuses.

In the racquetclub I saw several places where trees and telephonecables are interfering with the electricity wires and most likely causing those poweroutages. If you want to get it fixed, show those points to the CFE people or to the board of the RC. Otherwise it will never be fixed and the outages will continue forever.

Archived