Chapala.com Webboard

Hotels in Mexico City

pappysmarket

Looking for suggestions of where to stay for an early Feb. visit with the main goal to visit the many churches in the city. Will probably stay 4 nights max and may hire a guide to make things easier. Any ideas most welcome, including which churches, guides, restaurants as well as hotels.   TIA

We stayed at this B&B.  We found it convenient for walking in the evenings to the many local eateries and sidewalk cafes, as well as to the subway.  We very much appreciated the level of service and meeting other travelers and sharing adventures with them over breakfast and in common areas.  Most other guests were from Europe and Asia.   A unique experience. 

http://theredtreehouse.com/

Another vote for the Red Tree House.  It's a fantastic B&B, and if you want to stay there, book NOW--they are always full.  Such a lovely place to stay.  The hosts are wonderful, the clients are always interesting, and the breakfasts are delicious.  

Re a tour guide: I know just the man for you, if you want his contact info let me know.  Mexican, 100% bilingual, knows everything you would want to know about architecture, history, religious art, the city itself, and then some.  

Always good suggestions on this board, gracias. I may well contact you for the name of the guide ML, still trying to select exact dates with La Jefa. Is flying into Toluca a reasonable idea? There seem to be better flight times from PV than into MX.

On 12/9/2017 at 11:33 AM, pappysmarket said:

Always good suggestions on this board, gracias. I may well contact you for the name of the guide ML, still trying to select exact dates with La Jefa. Is flying into Toluca a reasonable idea? There seem to be better flight times from PV than into MX.

If you fly into Toluca, you'll want to make sure there's a shuttle into the city.  There used to be one from Toluca Airport to the World Trade Center here, check for it.  Then you'll still need either a taxi or an Uber to wherever you'll be staying.  You're adding another more or less 2 hours onto your trip.  IMHO, faster and easier to fly into Mexico City--look at the Interjet schedule out of GDL.  There's a flight just about every hour of the morning, till 10:00AM, and then a flight just about every hour after 3:00PM. 

Archived