Chapala.com Webboard

RFC #

sunshine1

It's a tax number.  We needed one to register a car in Chapala.   Here is info on it.  We used Spencer McMullin (Intercasa on this website) to get ours since he was working on some other items for us.  I believe you have to get a CURP first, then the RFC.   

http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fiscal/tramites/inscripcion_rfc/Documents/Guia_Inscripcion_CURP_18072017.pdf

56 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

I registered mine last year ..I don't have an RFC #

To register a vehicle maybe not,  but to buy a new vehicle we needed a RFC and could only pay a máximum of $230,000 pesos in cash and the rest by bank transfer and a dedit card. I don´t know how long this federal law has been enforced but it was with us a couple of months ago.

I was asked for my RFC number when getting a factura from a local lab.  Replied that I didn't have one, the girl at the desk said no problem she would give me a generic one.  Was also asked for this number when getting a factura at Wal-Mart, said I didn't have one, she gave me the factura & also said no problem.  We pay a minimal amount of tax here & have never been issued a RFC number.

7 hours ago, shortstop said:

I was asked for my RFC number when getting a factura from a local lab.  Replied that I didn't have one, the girl at the desk said no problem she would give me a generic one.  Was also asked for this number when getting a factura at Wal-Mart, said I didn't have one, she gave me the factura & also said no problem.  We pay a minimal amount of tax here & have never been issued a RFC number.

You don't get issued an RFC number unless you apply for one.  There are some things for which it is useful. If you want to be able to deduct expenses for your house when you eventually sell it, therefore lowering your profit margin and capital gains, you would need facturas in your name and RFC number. You can't deduct facturas for a generic RFC number.

Archived