Chapala.com Webboard

Swimming pool tile showrooms?

waterlover

While there are many different sources of pool tiles, the Mexican brand I am familiar with is called Kolorines. You should be able to Google that and find local distributors.

FYI pool tiles can be used for other things besides pools. I did my shower floors in iridescent pool tiles and it turned out great. They also look snazzy as a border around a window. Just be aware they have to be adhered with a special cement especially for glass tiles. That cement is also used as the grout. Regular grey or white cement will not work- they will eventually fall off.

Thanks for the comments - we are using one of the local Lakeside contractors but frustrated at the limited selection of tiles, especially metallic or glass.  We're being told that there is very little available in the country even though we're shown the samples.  Each time we pick something, it's "not available for 4-6 months".  Was hoping to find a showroom similar to the terraza and bano tile stores along Av Ninos Heroes in Guadalajara.  

Archived