Chapala.com Webboard

Wall calendar

cedros

I need one of those wall calendars that have daily squares that you can write in. I've been to 6 places and the only one I've found is the Velaquez one. It is a bit too wide for the space I have. There must be other calendars out there. Anyone know where?

11 minutes ago, tomgates said:

Jose is out front of SuperLake selling his calendars and they are like you would want.

Do you know when he is there? I have purchased his calendars for about ten years and would like to continue, but have not seen him when I go to SuperLake in the morning.

8 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

Do you know when he is there? I have purchased his calendars for about ten years and would like to continue, but have not seen him when I go to SuperLake in the morning.

He was there yesterday. He must be doing poorly as he asked me, "Would you like to support a starving artist?"

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

Jose is out front of SuperLake selling his calendars and they are like you would want.

He sells the Velaquez one which is too wide.

54 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

His are too wide for me. He has been there a few times recently. You can buy the same one a number of different places. Every year I have the same problem. I buy one from Jose for my casita but the one for my house has to be narrower. I eventually find one somewhere. One year I tried cutting the Velaquez one a bit to make it narrower but it fell apart after a few months. I'll try Diane Pearl tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

Jose Duran's calendars are 11 inches wide and all have his own art work and room for appointments, etc. inside each date. Super heavy duty high gloss paper and spiral bound. Quality calendars. My favorite.

The one I bought from Jose this year is almost 11 1/2 inches wide-too wide.

1 hour ago, Al Berca said:

Jose Duran's calendars are 11 inches wide and all have his own art work and room for appointments, etc. inside each date. Super heavy duty high gloss paper and spiral bound. Quality calendars. My favorite.

Checking my old calendars Jose Duran's calendars may be a bit narrower than Velaquez's. I am actually looking for one that is a bit less than 28 centimeters. I will take my tape measure tomorrow and check Jose's for width.  

Or you could buy the new Calendar Girls calendar from Lakeside Little Theatre (8.5 inches wide). Half the proceeds are going to the Pediatric Leukemia/Lymphoma clinic at the Hospital Civil in Guadalajara. Check this link to see this amazing doctor and his approach to kids with cancer. The site has a lot of pictures so it's a little slow to load.

https://wearemitu.com/mitu-world/heres-the-amazing-way-this-mexican-doctor-is-helping-children-fight-cancer/

LCS has a Holiday Fair this Friday and Saturday from 1-6 pm with 40 + vendors.  Usually calendars are among the many items being sold. Individuals as well as charity organizations  and food as well with cafe Corazon being open as well.  Admission is 20 pesos.

53 minutes ago, Ellie said:

LCS has a Holiday Fair this Friday and Saturday from 1-6 pm with 40 + vendors.  Usually calendars are among the many items being sold. Individuals as well as charity organizations  and food as well with cafe Corazon being open as well.  Admission is 20 pesos.

Sounds intetesting

4 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Check out the banks and insurance companies.  I seem to find I have 4/6 by years end. I always like the one from Actinver

I will. My bank never gives them out.

5 hours ago, Ellie said:

The Calendar Girls calendar will be available at the LCS Holiday Fair. 

9 hours ago, La-de-di said:

The Calendar Girls calendar will be available at the LCS Holiday Fair. 

I'll pass on that one.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, Floradude said:

I buy mine at Costco every year.

Where in Costco do they have them?

Archived