Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
Sonia

INM Offices Closed After Dec 15

Plan accordingly regarding visas, travel letters etc. If visa expires over the closing you have to apply the first day INM re-opens. Better yet, for renewals apply up to 30 days before expiration. 

Think about just how many people will be lined up at INM 'the first day they reopen'.....

• Haha 1

As usual INM changed the dates and I believe they are at all INM offices.

Inmigracion will be closed after Tuesday, December 19 and re-open Monday January 8, 2018. For those who just arrived with a pre-approved visa you have 30 days from day you entered Mexico to start the process. And for those with visas expiring or needing a travel letter please note those dates above. 

In at least San Miguel, INAPAM cards are not available until into the new year. And Seguro Popular policies may not be renewed or initiated after Dec 19 until Jan 9, 2018.

Banks and may government offices will also be closed Tuesday December 12.

This was an old posted and later I issued another stating INM would be closed starting Dec 20 and re-opening Jan 8. Normally applies nation wide. I am not aware of any ule that states finger prints within 10 days as some clients have waiter much longer to do them. Regardless, days would not count when closed.