Chapala.com Webboard

cell calls

nutz

46 minutes ago, johanson said:

I have no problems, but I am using an iPhone XI or is it an iPhone VI?. With an Apple iPhone, one tends to have fewer problems. Oh, my service provider is Telcel and I have the basic Amigo Plan.

Pete, can't be an iPhone XI as there is no such thing.  Also, can you quote me some data that says cellphone service is better with an iPhone than, say, Android?

Hey RickS :) At least you knew there was no such thing available to purchase YET. But it's the next one to be released.

And then you asked,

"Also, can you quote me some data that says cellphone service is better with an iPhone than, say, Android?"

RickS, It's written all over the place  CNET, Consumer Reports, you name it.  Just do a Google or Bing search. You will be overwhelmed.

Oh and our iPhone batteries are not starting fires, like yours is, either.

The area code is 33.  All phone number in Mexico are 10 digitis.  33 is the area code for Guadalajara.  Nutz, were you calling from a land line?  if so, you must enter 045 first then the 10 digits.  We are in the 376 area code, the 045 is required to call a cell phone in another area code when calling from a land line.

A few weeks ago there was a report on CNBC  about the latest Apple IPhone.  It stated that Apple could not keep up with the demand for their latest phone. 

A couple of years ago I made the mistake of replacing my iPhone with a Samsung because it was cheap.. What a mistake.. I lasted 6 months with it before I junked it and went back to an iPhone .. 

As I found out to my cost, You get what you pay for....

I had problems with a Samsung but not with my iPhone, when phoning area code 33 numbers

By the way the area code of Guadalajara is not 331 or 332, or 333, or 334 etc. It is 33. That is why when you see a Guadalajara Tel # on the side of the truck it will have not 7 but 8 numbers and is written as 1234-5678.  It tends to be a little confusing and has caused some numbies to dial 331-1234-5678 which is one number too many.

6 hours ago, nutz said:

It's so easy to get you folks off track.  fake news about Apple vs Samsung................all I asked was HAS ANYONE HAD ANY ISSUES WITH THE 333 OR 331 PREFIXES.   PERIOD

ONLY 33 is a prefix.  It's the area code our cellphone numbers use.  It's the Guadalajara area code.

No issues from either my cell or landline.  If you have an Amigo plan you it may need recharging.  Otherwise, visit a Telcel store to get your issue resolved.

Archived