Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

meat pie


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, nutz said:

does  anyone out there know where to get real French Canadian meat pies for Christmas.  I don't know French so can't spell the real name of the pies.

You'll find all manner of information with a Google search for "French Canadian meat pies"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nutz said:

I don't need info . I need pies!!!!!!!!

I thought you wanted the French spelling.  There is a restaurant on the lake front in Ajijic called the Poutine Place, and if they don't have them, they may know where you can get them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Al Berca said:

Francine is the owner of Mel's Restaurant and is French Canadian. She makes delicious tourtieres which are sold at her restaurant and will make them for carry out if ordered a few days in advance. Her cellphone number is 331-402-4223.

That is good to know. I haven't made or had any for years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Al Berca said:

Francine is the owner of Mel's Restaurant and is French Canadian. She makes delicious tourtieres which are sold at her restaurant and will make them for carry out if ordered a few days in advance. Her cellphone number is 331-402-4223.

Thanks., will give her a call

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a lady at the Wed tiangas in Ajijic who sells baked and fried empanadas. One is a ground beef. The fried ones are very good. She is about halfway down on the east side.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tomgates said:

There is a lady at the Wed tiangas in Ajijic who sells baked and fried empanadas. One is a ground beef. The fried ones are very good. She is about halfway down on the east side.

Empanadas and tourtieres are not even close to being comparable, so I would suggest to talk to a real French Canadian like Francine who knows what they are.

  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams Burg Pies just advertised "French Canadian Meat Pie" $130 pesos delivery on Friday; email is williamsburgpiepays@gmail.com  or 3310156102

FYI their chicken pot pie serves 6 so likely the tourtière would also, but you might ask to be sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have contacted Williams Burg Pies and they will bring me Friday a French Canadian Meat Pie and a Chicken Pot Pie, both 130 pesos each. A Mr. Samuel Gámez quickly replied to my email and after asking he said, "we  also  make  coconut cream pie, lemon cream pie,  k-lime pie-  apple pie   three berry pie,  appleberry pie,  creamy cheese pie, pecan pie,  púmpkin [pie]". He also said he delivers to the American Legion, now you know too.

After I try the meat and the chicken pies, I will post my impressions. I have complete confidence the meat pie will be better than any empanada I have ever had.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We love the chicken pot pie.  Easy quick meal with a salad.  Freezes well.

 

Going to try the meat pie.  Not familiar with those so it will be a surprise.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 4:08 PM, WideSky said:

Williams Burg Pies just advertised "French Canadian Meat Pie" $130 pesos delivery on Friday; email is williamsburgpiepays@gmail.com  or 3310156102

FYI their chicken pot pie serves 6 so likely the tourtière would also, but you might ask to be sure.

Where are they located? Do they only do delivery? Gracias

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...