Chapala.com Webboard

This web board needs serious improvement!

donnazor

I am so sick of having to wait (in this example) "279 seconds" to perform my second search? This happens all the time and makes your search function almost useless. Thought you might like to know. When I tried to contact customer service, I was presented with a "security" feature that was beyond understanding (mine at least) asking me to "align pictures" with ... with WHAT? Does this security feature have to differ so dramatically with ANY OTHER security feature I have ever seen.? So much so that customer service can't be reached? Sorry ... out of patience.

This kind of stuff happens every time I attempt to use this site. That's it. I am prepared for the onslaught of criticism.

There is about a 7-second delay for searches designed to prevent overloading. I do not experience this on any other chatboard, but I don't think this one has a ton of space or processing poer behind it. 279 seconds indicates something else is wrong, perhaps with your browser or Operating System.  And the operators may not even know what the current security proof is: these can be just letters, but often now they are a set of pictures that tell you to pick "all pictures with street signs in them". This is to prevent robots from scouring websites and attacking, because a robot can't read images.

This is strange. I too have witnessed all kinds of delays. Then this subject comes up "four hours ago" according to the first post and now all of a sudden, when making searches and other what used to be time consuming projects, and everything is responding rapidly like it used too.  I sure hope that this is not an anomaly and that this trend continues.

There must be some calculation at server level of user status, and server load. I got a warning on 2nd search that I needed to wait "10 seconds", though yesterday when I was on, I was warned that I needed to wait "6 seconds". And that's signed in from California;-) 

While it is fairly annoying, it is not, unfortunately, unique. A *lot* of forums do the same. Often it is an attempt to slow down or turn away the scraper bots. It does make searching for things quite the pain, though. I'll agree with the Google suggestion. I've done that a lot.

Archived