Chapala.com Webboard

Internet in Riberas

Morninghill

Considering making an offer on a house in Riberas. House is on av de los riberas at the intersection with San Pablo. Anyone with experience near there?

Have only been here a few weeks so know very little about the area. Would not want to buy in an area where we can’t get at least 2 mbps.

thanks

22 minutes ago, Morninghill said:

Have only been here a few weeks so know very little about the area. Would not want to buy in an area where we can’t get at least 2 mbps.

A few weeks and you want to buy? The old saying goes, "Your second home will be twice as large at half the price". Rent for at least six months and get more information, you won't regret it.

If there is already a phone and internet service in the house, then take your laptop with you and check the speed for yourself. That will give you a good starting point. If there is no phone service then be aware that you will wait a LONG time for a line as there is a waiting list in the area. For your interest, I'm at San Mateo and Avenida Riberas and my downspeed is 20 (twenty) mbps and upload of 4.5 mbps... but the service was already here. I checked before I moved in and a couple of months later started to have problems. Turns out it was a corroded connection in the junction box at the top of a pole around the corner of my house. Now everything is hunky-dory... knock on wood.

There is no phone line at this house, new construction. Will try to find out just how long a LONG time is. 

5 mbps mentioned by computerguy would be ok, we can do without streaming.

We sold our home nob in October 2016, have lived in our motorhome since then. We have friends in San Antonio and in Jocotopec. We like both areas. Riberas seems to check most of the boxes for us. I’m too old (70’s) to spend a lot of time deciding, and my wife needs to feel she’s in a place she can make her own. Time to take a few chances.

I wonder what would happen if you made your purchase offer subject to builder seeing that home has TelMex line and phone number working prior to closing? He will probably have more influence to get it installed than you do and be motivated to do so, since he has a home sale depending on it. Might be worth a try. Otherwise, you could be waiting for six months or more.

5 hours ago, Al Berca said:

I wonder what would happen if you made your purchase offer subject to builder seeing that home has TelMex line and phone number working prior to closing? He will probably have more influence to get it installed than you do and be motivated to do so, since he has a home sale depending on it. Might be worth a try. Otherwise, you could be waiting for six months or more.

Nice idea, will try it.

thanks

Archived