Chapala.com Webboard

New study on Monsanto's Glyphosate

geeser

There are lots of studies and many cannot be trusted. 40% of the population of the US is expected to have cancer.  Seems to me we were not intended to consume these poisons.

I tend do not trust any studies involving Monsanto due to their unscrupulous business practices.  For instance, why are the GMO foods not labeled accordingly so consumers can make informed choices.  Only non GMO seems to be labeled and they have stricter regulations.  Labeling regulations should be the same for all food.

Where did the money come from for the study?  I think there are also studies that show the opposite.

As far as Geeser being attacked by the non GMO people, no need to attack the person posting the information. We don't have to agree with the information.   Instead, let's be mature adults about this and attack and comment on the study if we have different opinions or differing information.

It seems that, if you live long enough, you will eventually get cancer. Note that we are living longer than previous generations.  However, those being born now are said to have a shorter life expectancy. Does that make them less likely to get cancer; or does it mean that they will get it at a younger age.  I am sure there are statistics that will prove it either way.:wacko:

I'm going to apply George Carlin's view on statistics. and how meaningful they are. 67% of people will succumb to cancer from GMO's. I just made that up. Really, only 12% will succumb. I just made that up too.  50% of you will worry about things like GMO's even though you are still here to worry about it. I ned small, just made that up. Actually,the worry will kill you.

“The main point in [Wines & Vines’ article by Andrew Adams titled “Arsenic, Herbicide Wine Scares Put in Context — www.winesandvines.com/template.cfm?section=news&content=171152] is this: The EPA reference on glyphosate is 0.1 mg/kg per day, and to reach that level of exposure, the same hypothetical male would have to drink 2,500 glasses of wine per day for 70 years.

But, isn't it strange that no one talks about the 130,000,000 or more parts per billion of a known cancer causing chemical found in wines: alcohol.”
Jeff Havlin, Havlin Vineyard

Archived