Chapala.com Webboard

Superlake

HoneyBee

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Why is it trash talk..  It was mentioned about Pancho's new job running a restaraunt..

You proberly were not even here when Pancho ran the Hole in One 

First -- Pancho is not running a restaurant. Laurie and Carlos are the owners of Fogon de Charlotte -- their daughter is Charlotte. Pancho is a friend of theirs and has been hanging out there. 

Second -- I am very aware that Pancho had a business Called Hole In One, where Avocado Club is currently located. Pancho leased and/or leases out the restaurant and finally found a viable business/restaurateur in Ismet who owns the restaurant Avocado Club and Gossips. As for the former businesses that were run in the Hole in One location -- they do not have anything to do with his management of SuperLake. 

If Pancho's Uncle does not figure out how to run that business without Pancho that will be a big loss to the gringo and Tapatio community. 

59 minutes ago, Xena said:

She didn’t even say he was working, just that she saw him. We don’t know if he is a server, manager, owner or part owner — or just stopped by for some Chamorro. 

Right, Xena. That's why  I  asked her to clarify, but so far she hasn't. CG is mistaken; she didn't post that she "saw him working," but just that she saw him when she was in Charlotte's restaurant.  He could have been just strolling by, but I'm sure she meant more than that.

Lexy

13 hours ago, Xena said:

She didn’t even say he was working, just that she saw him. We don’t know if he is a server, manager, owner or part owner — or just stopped by for some Chamorro. 

True. Sorry, modified my post. By the time I got through all the BS in this thread, even I was confused, and I did not mean to use the word "working". Pancho is a good friend of the owner of that place, so he could easily even have been behind the counter chatting.

My point was that seeing someone at a business in no way is an indication of working there. Otherwise, I would be the manager at SuperLake myself. Some of the leaps of "logic" on this board are mighty hard to take.

We have seen Pancho at several restaurants around town including Lety's, Fagon de Charlotte, Gossip, and others. Never saw him working at any of them. Even Pancho has to eat from time to time and he goes to some of our favorite places - sometimes alone but often with others. 

And Hole In One went through several iterations before Ismet set up Avocado Club in that same physical space.

If we see Pancho taking orders, mopping the floor or washing dishes at one of the places he is "managing" we will report back.

36 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

TOB is rife with rumours and innuendo. I am particularly intrigued with the claim that one brother got rich in the US and then came back here and set everyone up in the family...

That poster was particularly obnoxious. He didn’t even make a claim. He just asked which of the brothers went north to make money and came back to set everyone else up. Because, of course no one can make money in Mexico unless they start with NOB dollars and Mexican families do not have hard working, enterprising members who together build businesses and create good lives. What a bigoted, close-minded jerk. 

Superlake stocks things that are vital to my existence, products that simply aren't available anywhere else, not even in Guad or P.V. I know it impresses a lot of the Tapatios when they visit.  I don't want it to change or I might have to move!  Pancho's done a terrific job of keeping up with trends and fulfilling requests over the years and I'm sure it hasn't been easy. 

8 hours ago, kgreenbury said:

Superlake stocks things that are vital to my existence, products that simply aren't available anywhere else, not even in Guad or P.V. I know it impresses a lot of the Tapatios when they visit.  I don't want it to change or I might have to move!  Pancho's done a terrific job of keeping up with trends and fulfilling requests over the years and I'm sure it hasn't been easy. 

I'm hoping that post was created with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek!

Went to Superlake today. Since I’m not a regular shopper there I am not attuned to every nuance and the moods of the employees. Everything  seemed the same to me. It was busy and I got the things I went there for. Like Gringal, I wish Pancho well and the rest of it is not my business. 

This is reference to out of date food at Super Lake.  Dairy is a problem, I reported to whomever yogurt 5 days past. Store wrapped cheese is a problem.  I wouldn't know Pancho if he stood in front of me, but the person I reported it to certainly does not sound like the man you all admire.

I used to buy store packaged peanuts there until I found live worms in them. Some of the things in the freezer have been thawed and refrozen. They often have good oranges and unlike Walmart they never run out of broccoli (a necessity for my dogs-I go through a lot of it). They have some good breads. So you have to watch what you buy.

I was there this morning, and I have to say something is going on. A lot of shelves poorly stocked, in particular fruits/veg. Unfamiliar faces, although my favourite cashier lady was on. In fact, only cashier at 11:30 am on a Saturday?

Archived