Chapala.com Webboard

no water in Ajijic Donato Constitution Guerro

windstar

17 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Isn't that why every house has a tenaco upstairs to store water?

Tinaco, amigo.  And usually an aljibe under the driveway or garage.  But if unbeknownst to you, no city water has been running into the aljibe--and hence not being pumped up to the tinaco--one can indeed have no water.  How many people actually know when city water is running into their storage tanks?  I never knew that in Ajijic, and don't have a clue now, in Mexico City.

40 minutes ago, More Liana said:

Tinaco, amigo. 

Sorry ma'am, I knew them as a Rotoplas, a famous maker of the tanks. I disabled my pump as I don't want the contents of my aljibe to contaminate the water in my tank. 

We are on Donato Guerra between 16th de Sept and Constitucion and have water but it could be the aljibe supply.  I guess we will know in when its time for morning showers.

Our outside hose and washing machine both run on a pipeline that branches off before the tinaco. If water is not being sent there is no water in those pipes. Haven't been able to water the plants for 2 days...sometimes Simapa turns off the water when they're doing a big project. Could it have to do with the carretera construction?

13 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Sorry ma'am, I knew them as a Rotoplas, a famous maker of the tanks. I disabled my pump as I don't want the contents of my aljibe to contaminate the water in my tank. 

If you have your aljibe cleaned every year, it wouldn't contaminate your tinaco.  When I lived in Ajijic, back in the dark ages, my tinaco was made of asbestos and I didn't have an aljibe.  

You're right about Rotoplas.  It's rare to see a different brand.

14 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

I know what you mean I never send water from my aljibe to my tinaco as that water has been sitting around for awhile. My tinaco is filled directly from the street water supply. Many asbestos tinacos have been phased out.

Don't you put chlorine tabs into your aljibes? I don't use the water from mine either but I put three chlorine (little ones) into a 6,000 litre aljibe every single month. I can see them clearly on the bottom but there is some scuzz on the top of the water. Gets cleaned yearly.

Archived