Chapala.com Webboard

Macrolibremiento

TelsZ4

I came back from Costco on Lopez Mateo Sur via the Macro Libramiento over to the Chapala Highway today.  Took 20 minutes and $65 peso toll.  The road is fabulous.

4 hours ago, canmex87 said:

Where do you pick up the Macro Libramiento on Lopez Mateos Sur?

How far is from Costco?

How far? In kilometers I don't know but about 10 minutes of driving south from Costco along Lopez Mateos. After you drive up a long hill. You can't miss it

There are no exits between the Chapala Hwy. and Lopez Mateos.  To use it to get to IMSS 180 from Chapala you would have to take it from the Chapala Hwy. west and exit onto Lopez Mateo to head north towards Guadalajara and then take the Tlajomulco-Cajititlan exit east to get to the hospital.  Even though you would be back tracking a bit it would likely be faster than going through Cajititlan, et all.

Going north on the Chapala/Guadalajara road go past Milagros de Delila (Los Burritos de Mojahua) to the next retorno. Come back and pick up the entrance to the west bound Macrolibremento. As noted before, not the best designed freeway interchange.

Looks to me like the rest of the interchange will eventually be on Hwy. 35 (the La Barca Hwy) a little further east from the current on/off ramps on the Chapala Hwy..  There are construction crews there now working on it.

On 11/16/2017 at 10:29 PM, Ezzie said:

I came back from Costco on Lopez Mateo Sur via the Macro Libramiento over to the Chapala Highway today.  Took 20 minutes and $65 peso toll.  The road is fabulous.

Planning to try this to go to IMSS 180. I know how to get on macrolibramiento from the Chapala end. But paper today says NO SIGNS anywhere. So curious --- how did you know when you were far enough southwest on Lopez Mateos to get onto the macrolibramiento from the city end?  Because I need to know where to get ON to (Lopez Mateos) coming from this end. 

I can tell from  maps that the entrance is below Santa Cruz, and the intersection of Tala Highway - Av. Pedro Parra Centeno is above that, so once I get onto L.M. all will be well........ but since I never go to Costco, not very familiar with that end of the area.  Suggestions?    Many thanks

Wonderful MC.... but that is not what I asked B)    It's getting OFF the macrolibramiento and ON to Lopez Mateos going INTO Guad.......   However, my husband has already pointed out to me that it will be the first major intersection of highways that I'll meet once I'm on it.......  so will do a test run and see if time factor is worth it.

Taking friends to the airport on Tues and plan on going to Costco Galerias and will come home via Lopez Mateo so I can stop by Fresca Supermarket and will take opportunity to take the new highway from LM over to Hwy 23. 

Archived