Chapala.com Webboard

Tapered Candles

Jeanneboo

Superlake carries tapered candles- mostly more pastel colors, but they might get red with the holidays approaching. Also, the dollar store on the Ajijic plaza has an assortment of candles, usually some tapered. Also, a few years ago I got a box of red ones from a papeleria in Ajijic located a block or so south of the carretera from the street light at Farmacia Guadalajara (Ajijic)- and on the west side of the street. If you don't see any candles you might ask if they have any in the back.  (If not, maybe try other papelerias? They usually have many things stashed in their back rooms.)  If you want to splurge on beeswax candles, Diane Pearl has some in various colors and sizes-  mostly yellow and orange and cream I think- possibly tapered ones, not sure about that. OK, good hunting!

Diane Pearl usually gets some red ones in for the holiday season. Ask... just in case they haven't been put out yet. Get the beeswax ones or you'll have a big mess on your hands with most of the others. Then you'll be posting about how to get the wax off your table. So... I have had great success with the little square plastic tabs from some breads and buns. Wait 'til the wax hardens then it just peels right off using the little plastic square. ;)

• 1 year later...
On 11/15/2017 at 1:31 PM, Jeanneboo said:

I am looking for red tapered candles.  Any suggestions on where I can find them would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Superlake, Soraina

for beewax candles, ask the ceramists Martin Ibarra  at the Feria de los Maestros in Chapala this week end. He is from San Juan  Evangelista and the church there has some wonderful ones decorated with was flowers, he can tell you who makes them or where to find them.