Chapala.com Webboard

New wheel needed on luggage

cstone

Hello, All,

A friend recently gave me her Magellan's rollaboard luggage. I was visiting and needed an extra suitcase for things I had purchased in the US. She was going to toss it because one of the four wheels was literally shredded.

I used it coming home ( side handle is quite sturdy !) and I am hoping I can find a place to replace the wheel, as the luggage is much nicer than what I have right now.

I would prefer to go to Chapala. I have used the leather fellow on the carreterra once before, but will not use him again. Enough said. 

Did a search, but everything seems to be rather old. so I am hoping someone can give me some information here.

Thanks in advance !

I, too, was hoping for a response to where to get a new suitcase wheel put on.  In my case, I have a sentimental attachment to my Mom's suitcase and would like to continue using it but one wheel has pretty much disintegrated and the other isn't looking good.  

Does anyone know who/where lakeside or even in GDL that I could take the suitcase and have 2 new wheels put on?

Many thanks,

Valerie :)

I'm not sure if they do wheels but I take any luggage that needs repairing to a shop in Chapala. From the carraterra when you get to the light in Chapala make a left. Make a right turn just before the Americas Mueblas store. They are on the second block on the right side. Shoe and bag repairs.

Thanks gogirl!  I'll take my case there and see if they can replace the wheels.  I appreciate your information.

Valerie :)

Adwww.amazon.com/home-storage

Compare Prices on Suitcase wheel replacement in Home Storage.
    Ratings:Website 10/10 - Quality 10/10 - Shipping 10/10 - Service 10/10 - Selection 10/10
Jan 3, 2014 - Uploaded by Carey Lai

How to repair the wheels on your suitcase or luggage.

9 hours ago, gogirl said:

I'm not sure if they do wheels but I take any luggage that needs repairing to a shop in Chapala. From the carraterra when you get to the light in Chapala make a left. Make a right turn just before the Americas Mueblas store. They are on the second block on the right side. Shoe and bag repairs.

Do they repair zips on suit cases?

Thanks for the tip about the place in Chapala. I want the wheel fixed or all 4 replaced. I have read all the you tube videos, etc. I don't want new luggage, that would have been easy to do. I use my luggage up until it physically is unable to handle the tossing of the baggage handlers. Worked for years overseas and now still have the lightest hard shell suitcases I have ever found. Edges have been taped with Gorilla Tape and Iook like they survived a trip to war torn lands ! Love them so much I bought a suitcase cover so am not looking like an indigent !

On 11/15/2017 at 10:36 AM, cstone said:

Thanks for the tip about the place in Chapala. I want the wheel fixed or all 4 replaced. I have read all the you tube videos, etc. I don't want new luggage, that would have been easy to do. I use my luggage up until it physically is unable to handle the tossing of the baggage handlers. Worked for years overseas and now still have the lightest hard shell suitcases I have ever found. Edges have been taped with Gorilla Tape and Iook like they survived a trip to war torn lands ! Love them so much I bought a suitcase cover so am not looking like an indigent !

Hey, there is nothing wrong with your case looking like it isn't worth rummaging through.to find valuables. Let's starve the TSA.

I've found between Google, Amazon, E-bay and YouTube, you can find parts and instructions on how to repair almost anything.

If you can find the parts and get them shipped in, you can always find someone here to do the work.

That is true. I could easily order the parts from Amazon and have them shipped to me, but I just can't seem to figure out which wheels/parts to order. Anyone willing to help me figure it out ? If you do, I can bring back something from the US for you, providing it is fully legal and isn't too big. I will be there and back before Christmas. 

2 hours ago, cstone said:

That is true. I could easily order the parts from Amazon and have them shipped to me, but I just can't seem to figure out which wheels/parts to order. Anyone willing to help me figure it out ? If you do, I can bring back something from the US for you, providing it is fully legal and isn't too big. I will be there and back before Christmas. 

Check out the shop in Chapala. If they can do it it seems a lot easier than ordering parts. JMO 

• 7 months later...

Archived