Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

RP wants to import US plated car at the border himself

Recommended Posts

Actually, if the vehicle qualifies you will have to use a bonded Broker at the border. AND, that vehicle will have to be formally EXPORTED from the US as part of the process. That part is not costly but will take a day or two alone. Depending on the value of a vehicle the cost is “somewhere around $2500 US” mas o mano. Many people don’t think that it is worth the trouble/cost but that, of course, is an individual decision. 

Only vehicles 8 to 9 years old can be imported  and only NAFTA qualifying vehicles can be imported.... so no ‘Made IN Japan, Germany, South Korea etc etc’ vehicles.... only VIN#'s starting with a 1,2,3,4 or 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...