Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
Toadstool

Aquatica Chapala Lane Swimming//Bad Water?

My wife and I swim there and have noticed irritated throats and coughing and sneezing afterward. The attendant asserts that nothing is in the water but salt and bicarbonate of soda, neither of which would have the observed effect. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks.

Having owned a pool for many years in Houston, I found that as urine builds up more and more problems become apparent According to the pool place that used to test our water chlorine and other chemicals that shock and remove organic contaminants lose their effectiveness after a while. I was advised the only solution was to drain the pool and refill. That always did the trick and irritations stopped. Not a single guest or their children EVER admitted to urinating in the pool. I think aliens must have been using it at night. . 

• Haha 1

Salt pool systems are a great way to go when properly used and maintained.    

The electrolysis system used with salt pools DOES produce chlorine by design, so the info the attendant gave you was not complete.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_water_chlorination