Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside landlines are down again

Hot on the heels of last week's disruption of TelMex service, everywhere from Chapala to Roca Azul is without service at 4 pm this Monday November 6. Oddly, there are pockets that do have service; eg. Chula Vista at least on one street.

Thanks for the confirmation.... had just checked that my bill was paid as got a busy signal when calling outside numbers and phone cut off when using my cell to call myself.  This is central Ajijic village and fortunately I wasn't affected by last weeks disruption. Vamos a ver.....

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

TelMex OK here....Independencia near Pedro Morena.  Just made a call to a business in Centro Ajijic at their landline, so working over there too. 

Also at Pedro Moreno and Independencia..... only internet....

My line came back on sometime during the night. Remember when this kind of TelMex problem was "the norm"? Considering there has been no disruptive weather, I hope this isn't going to become the norm again... one major difference from the old days is that with DSL lines, they can keep the Internet separate from the phone, which is a huge deal to me.

UPDATE: 9:40 am Tuesday. Now it seems as though it's not a two-way street. I was on a call and it dropped suddenly, leaving a busy signal on the line. But the person on the other end was able to call me back. So I can't call out, but others can call in. Weird.

Archived