Chapala.com Webboard

Guadalajara Driver License Office

I went by and checked it out. I happen to be in the neighborhood.

Very very busy.

I'm not sure yet what all is required but I assume you need copies. There were vendors offering copies for a fee.

I also saw where apparently you can use their vehicle to drive around that little circle they have setup for the driving part and demonstrate parallel  parking???? 

Several people out front hawking something. Does anyone know what they are offering? I assume it's to help with something or maybe cut you through all those different lines? But what exactly? And what are the costs if anyone knows. I know a little Spanish but still find it difficult when they talk so fast. Yes I know they were speaking Spanish normally but a Spanish speakers normal speed is approaching mach speed to me.

Thanks in advance for any help large or small  you may provide 

And

Thanks in advance for any criticism or sarcasm from you hardcore webboarders

I am going to assume this is your first MX license, not a renewal. If that is the case, it would be beneficial to hire a facilitator.They will know all of the requirements.  In most cases they can move you to the front of the lines, especially if you are over 60, guide you through test and generally make the whole day less stressful.  Someone else can probably provide contact info for facilitators.

Hi and welcome. There is a small storefront two doors west of Gossips restaurant (and across the street from the Ajijc Clinic) called Ajijic Concierge that specialize in taking gringos, locos or not, to GDL for their first license. They just charged two friends $700 pesos each to go together and both friends raved about how smooth it was.... I went a year ago and loved driving around the circus ring-it's a hoot. Just remember to look at the ground and above for markings and lights, then when you complete the circle you need to parallel park between the two striped posts. It's a dawdle. Enjoy!

MY question still remains..When or if will the Driver Licensing Officials return to Chapala to renew and test for new licenses?? It was all set up back in August and cancelled at the last minute..ostensibly to be rescheduled to accommodate the large group who stood in line with their documents and receive our #ed card..  Any accurate info??

19 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

Agree with Ibarra, especially for first license and non Spanish speaker. Renewals are a piece of cake, but getting license for first time a knowledgable Bilingual person will be well worth having with you.

And the facilitator at Ajijic Concierge is Luzma Grande - she does an outstanding job and is worth every centavo you will pay her.

1 hour ago, bournemouth said:

And the facilitator at Ajijic Concierge is Luzma Grande - she does an outstanding job and is worth every centavo you will pay her.

You wouldn't have a contact number for her to share would you, please?

1 hour ago, bournemouth said:

Second that motion for sure.

Go EARLY, they open up at 8 AM and the second time I went and was there before 9 and it was a piece of cake.

Angus, 766-1562

6 hours ago, Tomas said:

MY question still remains..When or if will the Driver Licensing Officials return to Chapala to renew and test for new licenses?? It was all set up back in August and cancelled at the last minute..ostensibly to be rescheduled to accommodate the large group who stood in line with their documents and receive our #ed card..  Any accurate info??

No accurate information available.

Did you read in the Guadalajara Reporter that they hope to open a Lakeside office.

Archived