Chapala.com Webboard

Lab for Mammogram and Bone Density?

geeser

Check with Dr. Leon's office, they did have a 'women's health' package; picked you up took you to a CHOPO lab in GDL and brought you home - mammogram, bone density, breast ultrasound and pap smear; then you pick up your results from Dr. Leon's office in 2-3 days. Can't remember the price exactly but I think it was less than $2000 pesos.

On 11/3/2017 at 8:59 PM, bezerk said:

if not local...Del Carmen hospital does them..all..

As of 18 months ago Hospital del Carmen does not do them rather sends you across the street to the lab that used to be CARE but is now Consultorio de Imagen. This lab no longer does Bone Density. Have you actually had a mammogram or Bone Density in Hospital del Carmen? Did ;they finally buy the equipment?

There are two locations for Salud Digna in Guadalajara. I’ve done four annual mammograms and bone density studies there. I’ve gone to the location on Avenida de las Americas, just a door or two north of Avenida Mexico. I’m due to go again, but last year I paid less than 350 pesos for the two things combined. The equipment is state of the art and the technicians are efficient and caring; you receive your bone density scan results immediately and you can leave and have breakfast or lunch and then return to pick up your mammogram film and results.

Salud Digna receives funding from Carlos Slim’s foundation. 

8 hours ago, geeser said:

As of 18 months ago Hospital del Carmen does not do them rather sends you across the street to the lab that used to be CARE but is now Consultorio de Imagen. This lab no longer does Bone Density. Have you actually had a mammogram or Bone Density in Hospital del Carmen? Did ;they finally buy the equipment?

Hospital del Carmen most certainly has and has had for years mammogram machines and bone density. I have been let u scall it a frequent flyer there for many years now and had a bone density just this past October. 

I assume you would need an appointment with outpatient..

They bought the equipment I am sure years ago......I have been going there over 9 years now...It is a major hospital!!!

8 hours ago, kbleitch said:

There are two locations for Salud Digna in Guadalajara. I’ve done four annual mammograms and bone density studies there. I’ve gone to the location on Avenida de las Americas, just a door or two north of Avenida Mexico. I’m due to go again, but last year I paid less than 350 pesos for the two things combined. The equipment is state of the art and the technicians are efficient and caring; you receive your bone density scan results immediately and you can leave and have breakfast or lunch and then return to pick up your mammogram film and results.

Salud Digna receives funding from Carlos Slim’s foundation. 

Thank you Kbleitch, this is great information and they have a good website as well. at https://salud-digna.org/precios-preparaciones/

• 11 months later...

Archived