Chapala.com Webboard

High Speed Fiber Optic Internet at Lakeside - New Option!

tkessler

19 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

If this company is really legit why 300 paid subscribers before starting.. They don't have the money to finance it themselves ...?   Why didn't  they do their own market research to find out if this project was financially feasible ...?

We have all heard stories about what can happen when you pay advance.. 

I hinted earlier that these people have no marketing expertise so that begs the question financing,tech? Perhaps they have studied the P. T. Barnum affect and how successful it might be on boards like this and that is all as they pack up their carpetbag. Next!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gents,

To answer some of the points in the most recent posts:

- Ilox wasn't begging to come in here.  They happen to run a fiber ring through Joco on the way to Guad.   Which gives them a good opportunity  to serve the market.  They were focused on higher growth opportunities elsewhere.  But there's been enough interest that we've got their attention.  That was my objective.  Thanks everyone for signing up and those who haven't still can.  No obligation.  Additional points on the map to show interested customers are needed for planning and are very welcome. 

- Thankfully the company does have the money to finance the build-out themselves.  Their request for 300 prepaid contracts is a fraction of the  investment.  They've put a couple of other networks in other places and the payback / purchasing  power of those areas didn't result as fast as expected.  Do you fault them about asking the locals for some skin in the game?   

- They are a federally licensed  carrier and the final contracts will contain additional escrow / guaranty provisions.  They are not going to risk their national concession on a couple of hundred  residential contracts. 

- Since we have shown enougn interest, Lakeside presentations will be announced and start soon,  There, you'll be able to address any concerns you have. 

- I don't get the comments about Telmex.  They are another carrier with another owner.  Mexico has opened its telecom markets.  There's competition. Help foster it and good things can happen.  Imagine a Lakeside with high speed fiber.  A dream come true for many.  

Thanks all for your support.

Tom

10 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Mexico is aligned with the US and your ungrateful use of the slur should be brought to the attention on the INM. Go back home, please.

I am of Scottish heritage. My Mother is Spanish (Martinez) and my father was German, English and Scottish. And I slurred whom?

Angus told me to go back to my country for telling the truth about Carlos Slim and his fortune (I did not mention Carlos collusion with Hillary and his ownership in the New York Times.) Can you imagine the explosions if we share taco recipes?) Mexican collusion!

This is a stupid business offer from someone who has NOTHING, but a promise of using telephone poles, as far as has been shared here.

I cannot even shoot geese at my house from all the Mexicans in the TelMex poles at my house in Santa Cruz getting free electric!

And the posters here (which is not legal given the rules here) and their promoters telling me to leave the country for pointing it out.

Cholos!

I operate in two fields of business: banking and oil.

I was flattered today to hear from my law firm that my name combined with the word "oil" comes up in first place on DuckDuckGo and 2nd listing on Google.

NOBODY has the money to sue any of the companies with whom I work, for non-performance. We could screw them for billions and they cannot afford to sue.

What power does some Schmoe or Mrs. Schmoe have to fight these people, especially in Mexican courts?

I lost a lot of money in Mexican courts.  Some on this WebBoard know how much.

Do not take my questions about commitments lightly.

These people (with an alleged 27 year history in this business) want legal guarantees of payment before venturing into a business opportunity?

And you thought Ejido land was a problem. Wait'll you get a load of Uto-Aztecan rights!

You will lose in Mexican courts if this company does not perform.. yet be held to pay them, even if they do not perform.

22 minutes ago, Aquaponicsman said:

I operate in two fields of business: banking and oil.

I was flattered today to hear from my law firm that my name combined with the world "oil" comes up in first place on DuckDuckGo and 2nd listing on Google.

NOBODY has to money to sue any of the companies with whom I work for non-performance. We could screw them for billions and they cannot afford to sue.

What power does some Schmoe or Mrs. Schmoe have to fight these people, especially in Mexican courts?

I lost a lot of money in Mexican courts.  Some on this WebBoard know how much.

Do not take my questions about commitments lightly.

These people (with an alleged 27 year history in this business) want legal guarantees of payment before venturing into a business opportunity?

And you though Ejido land was a problem. Wait'll you get a load of Uto-Aztecan rights!

You will lose in Mexican courts.

giphy.gif

First, lawyers are not needed until money is ready to change hands.

Second, since I haven't seen advertising or notices about this anywhere else, I'd have to say 176 signups from this board and word-of-mouth is pretty darn good.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

First, lawyers are not needed until money is ready to change hands.

Second, since I haven't seen advertising or notices about this anywhere else, I'd have to say 176 signups from this board and word-of-mouth is pretty darn good.

Its not just from this board alone. Every facebook group in Lakeside has it posted. And if you read it you would see there is a place  where you check off you are interested but wont prepay.

17 hours ago, michael2595 said:

Its not just from this board alone. Every facebook group in Lakeside has it posted. And if you read it you would see there is a place  where you check off you are interested but wont prepay

Oh, I read it alright. Perhaps you didn't follow the first page of discussions. And I said "I" haven't seen it anyplace else. (I am an active member on FaceBook, and haven't seen it there... because I don't belong to those "groups" you mention. So unless someone belongs to those groups, they won't see it either.)

But that begs the point. You were complaining and I was championing the cause. And if there has been that much written about it, and the number represents a low turnout, then the idea isn't catching on, is it.

All,

We are at about 195 pledges.  Looking good!   A couple of town hall meetings will also announce soon.  

An ad will run in next week's Reporter.  Here's a copy of it.  Feel free to print and share with interested parties. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Yqhy1G6NJMN3NlcVZ1aHlmei1QRjB4RFZxd0JRSEludnlZ/view?usp=sharing

Tom Kessler

It states that a local phone line will be provided. Our current Telmex phone includes no cost calling to the USA and Canada plus about 50 other countries. Will this plan also cover at least the USA and Canada?

Also, what is the timeline? When will the installations be finished and service be available?

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, tkessler said:

Do you fault them about asking the locals for some skin in the game?   

Yes, because so often its take the money and no perform the service.  I don't mind the price but I won't be paying up front.

I'm willing to pay up front when the time comes. The opportunity to have access to this level of internet service is enough for me to put that money at risk. I definitely would not be happy if I wound up losing the money but nobody would die. I definitely understand that other don't see it this way.

I'm with REC even if there might be some risk.

However, I really don't see any.

From all that has been said, this appears to be a well established company that didn't quite see the opportunity east of Joco until someone pointed it out to them.

For those who disagree, feel free to disagree.

And if you promise not to call me an a**, I promise not to call you one either!

Archived