Chapala.com Webboard

English speaking customer service reps at HSBC?

Cincy

5 minutes ago, El Saltos said:

Get a better Bank!  e.g. Banco Multiva, especially if you want good customer service in English!

Said to my wife when I posted this that someone would probably give a totally useless response!

I doubt if Banco Multiva could integrate my other global HSBC accounts in different currencies!

I've had an account at the local HSBC for 8 years. Usually the manager at least speaks English. The manager is usually very helpful. His is the last desk at the back. 

The present manger does not speak English. they have recently acquired one assistant who speaks English but the waiting time to get assistance from any of the clerks can be excessive. on several occasions I have just left after almost one full hour waiting. Their customer service is the pits. And to try and get English help on the telephone is just as bad.

I would recommend that you call ahead and try to make an appointment with an English speaker. In my experience ( and I will state up front that I speak passable Spanish), when there has been no English speaker available, they call the home office in Mexico City and get someone on the line for you.

Just got back from HSBC.  No waiting, but at certain times it did seem to get quite busy.  Both the manager and the other rep spoke excellent English.  What really blew me away was the their knowledge of the global marketplace, investment options and international currency accounts and how to connect them!  Maybe it's the international community lakeside that drives this kind of knowledge.  I was very please with my experience today

Archived