Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Another tall propane cylinder question

econ man

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, econ man said:

I know I can flag down the gas truck if I hear it come down the street. But if I want to call for delivery, does anyone know the correct terminology to specify the cylinders rather than the big tanker? Do I just ask for "cilindros" or " cilindros azules" ?

Cilindros.  The companies have 10 and 20 kilo cilindros.  The 10s are what you'd use for a gas grill, or for a portable gas heater like the DeLonghi.  The 20s are tall and skinnier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

So you're advising that those who live in Mexico and want to know how to say something correctly in Spanish shouldn't bother?

I had the same thought.  That's why I actually answered the question, a couple of posts up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In an effort to try to keep this helpful....:lol:

For those with a large stationary tank, in our area it's most commonly called a: tanque estacionario.

For those with the tall skinny cilinder ones that get swapped out: cilindro.

Both easy/direct translations! And below is a good translation website where you can even hear how individual words are pronounced:



Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Not snippy. Just astounds me that people who choose to make their home in a foreign country don't think it of any importance to attempt to learn the language.

The US is full of them from SOB.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...