Chapala.com Webboard

Bovine Growth Hormones in Beef

Zeb

I was in one of the Sorianas in PV yesterday and they had it in the butcher case also. It must be good as there was a line of at least 20 people patiently waiting and there wasn't a single non-local that I noticed. Perhaps it had something to do with being able to get it grilled for free out in the parking lot but everyone I noticed was ordering beef.

Read this and learn just how much growth hormore (estrogenic activity) remains in implanted beef.  It strikes me that it's like worrying about Sulfites in wine. Sulfites occur naturally in the vineyard and winery.  White wines have a little added to ensure longevity (red wines have tannin which accomplishes the same thing).

There's more "estrogenic activiy" in an egg (naturally occuring) than in a 3oz. serving of implanted beef!

http://igrow.org/livestock/beef/hormones-in-beef-myth-vs.-fact/

6 hours ago, gringal said:

Questions, questions:  Sonora? Soriana? Monday market? Tuesday market?  Both?

Where can I get Sonora beef without bovine growth hormone??:huh:

Yes!  That is the question.  When I first saw the name Sonora, I was not thinking another state.  I was thinking it was being suggested as the name of a store in our area.....

On 11/10/2017 at 9:54 PM, Zeb said:

Never heard of Sonora.  Where is this?

There are several stores. I know of two on Lopez Mateo and one on Ocho de julio. There is also a Sonora meats taco restaurant, that serves tacos, burritos etc as well as steaks. Also the high end Sonora grill near the fresko store. Try the Centro de lomo. Both restaurants are on Lopez Mateo. (If you try the grill be advised the salads are served with the main course unless you ask them to serve it first). 

10 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Is anyone suggesting that cattle raised in the Sonora state are free of hormones just because of location?

Of course they are! Why would you even question that?

Archived