Chapala.com Webboard

November appliance sales

26 minutes ago, camillenparadise said:

Thanks! I couldn't remember "buen fin" nor get any info from respective websites. I DO, however, vividly remembering suddenly needing a new washing machine.....the first week of December!

Camille and everyone, be really careful about El Buen Fin.  Things are not always what they seem in so-called "discount pricing" during this November weekend.

If it were me, I'd start pricing things now.  Many of the participating stores have websites; one doesn't even have to go there to see what the prices are now.  Make a list of what you want, jot down the current prices--and then compare with the "sales" during El Buen Fin.  It's been really surprising to see how many of the stores raise their prices by X amount and then discount those raised prices--to what the normal prices are.  But who keeps track?  Maybe we all should! 

1 hour ago, More Liana said:

Camille and everyone, be really careful about El Buen Fin.  Things are not always what they seem in so-called "discount pricing" during this November weekend.

If it were me, I'd start pricing things now.  Many of the participating stores have websites; one doesn't even have to go there to see what the prices are now.  Make a list of what you want, jot down the current prices--and then compare with the "sales" during El Buen Fin.  It's been really surprising to see how many of the stores raise their prices by X amount and then discount those raised prices--to what the normal prices are.  But who keeps track?  Maybe we all should! 

You took the words right out of my mouth More Liana. But then I used to do the same thing in Canada and will patiently wait until I recognize the really good deal when I see it. Must be the Scottish blood in me that likes to watch my pennies... "tighter than a duck's arse... and that's watertight".

It was necessary for us to purchase appliances this past month.  We found that the posted prices were higher than the discounted prices that the salesman quoted us at Tio Sam's.  So, you might want to go to the store and get the "final" price from the salesman for the price now and then compare  when the sale is on.  Also, after we priced out the appliances and received the "discount" price it was about 2 weeks before we actually made the purchase.  When the day came to actually make the purchase some of our items were even further on sale even though we had a written quote that we had accepted as the final price.  

I got my 22 kg Mabe washer and dryer at Tio Sam for a little over 15,000.00 MX back in August. Before buying from them I checked Soriano, Wallmart, Coppel, the appliance store in Riberas by 7/11 and Home Depot and for the same machines, they could not do better the around 20,000.00 MX (note: did not do specials trips to check them out) and they deliver free of charge and did my own connections.

For Ferret: How was the Suez canal built, it was dug by a Scottish looking of  a penny he had lost... 

Tio Sams will also give you a very nice discount if you pay in cash instead of using a credit card.  One of the people told me that it can take up to six months for them to get their money when a U.S. credit card is used.  Naturally, we pay cash.  Their "best price" is usually quite competitive.

Weve been in the market for a washer and dryer...want whirlpool.  No one can beat the store in Chapala....dont know the name but driving up the main street towards Soriana, pass the plaza on the right is a store with steps up to it.  They sell motorcycles, furniture and in the back appliances.  15 or 17 kg washing machine for $6990.  All other places they are close to $8000.  We did purchase our fridge at Tio Sam, stopped working while still under warranty.  They would not come out.  Said there was nothing wrong with it over the phone without even looking at it.  So we got a great repair man, cost us very little.  The fan motor needed cleaning.  Did it in just a few minutes.   Tio did call us a few  weeks later and asked how the fridge was,,,we said it did need repair but we took care of it.   so.....we are hesitant to use them again....but maybe it was just a quirk.....i like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Archived