Chapala.com Webboard

DRIVER NEEDED

Kateg

Hello I am looking for a good driver to pick up my SUV in Mexico City and bring it back to Lake Chapala.

Please contact me if you offer this service.  The car has Jalisco plate, it is also fully insured and I will cover

gasoline, highway toll and need to know how much you would charge me.  The car has personal effect in the back

trunk and back seat full.  Car is in excellent condition.

montero sport xl 2006.jpg

Hmmmm............. I assume the driver would have everything necessary to have the car completely gone over to insure there is nothing, um, not quite Kosher in there that they could be in big trouble for if stopped by the authorities? I wouldn't touch that job with a ten foot pole, just my suspicious nature I guess.

Well dear Pappy.  My car his in order and there is nothing suspicious about my request.  I just don't want to drive it all by myself as a woman I don't feel safe on the highway and driving in Mexico City.  My friend drove the car to her home in Mexico City and now I need to have it move to Chapala.

I don't understand why you are suspicious about being stopped by authorities.  The driver will have a letter signed by me, owner of the car, giving him permission to drive the car to Chapala, and the car has proper documentation to be on the road and I repeat the car is in good driving condition.

1 hour ago, Kateg said:

Well dear Pappy.  My car his in order and there is nothing suspicious about my request.  I just don't want to drive it all by myself as a woman I don't feel safe on the highway and driving in Mexico City.  My friend drove the car to her home in Mexico City and now I need to have it move to Chapala.

I don't understand why you are suspicious about being stopped by authorities.  The driver will have a letter signed by me, owner of the car, giving him permission to drive the car to Chapala, and the car has proper documentation to be on the road and I repeat the car is in good driving condition.

....and when they find a couple of keys hidden in one of the panels, the letter will be the driver's "Get out of Jail Free" card, right? Hey, some people will transport other people's letters and packages NOB without seeing exactly what's in them. I'm not saying you won't find someone to handle it for you.......... If it were me, I'd have the friend drive it back and pay for a plane ticket back. Cheaper and the only risk is to her.

52 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

....and when they find a couple of keys

Maybe the lady might not know that "keys" is street slang for "kilos of drugs".

I am sure that this country has auto transport service companies.

I did not know the  slang word either but it is exactly what I was thinking. although the chances of being stopped and picked up  on that route  are are small if you are a foreigner I would drive that route alone without a thought but only in a car I know and whose owner I know well. Yes it is Mexico and you do not want to be caught with contraband merchandise..

I drive  a lot and I am rarely stopped and checked  except for a couple of weeks ago.: I was with a wild looking indigenous and a car full of orchids and other plants that had been given to us by people in the jungle from their garden and properties.. We asked for a note from the people who gave us the orchids but there were lots of other plants my friend had gathered from the side of the road as well.. We decided to visit the pueblo magico Palizada which is in the middle of nowhere in Campeche.. As we were coming in into the village we got pulled over by the two local cops and I thought " oh Lord here we go.".  As they thoroughly checked the car,  we knew it was going to be a fight and probably not a pleasant one, we just had a bad feeling about those 2 but they were ok and ended up going up a tree to get us some local gourd adding to the not so legal load of plants we had.. you just never know... In town we were told the town was extremely safe because the cops checked everyone who entered.. You just do not know where you will be stopped and checked..

I learned a LONG time ago a good lesson: No matter what the chances are, think about the consequences. I don't care how long the odds are if I absolutely do not want to suffer the consequences. Being caught with some plants is one thing, would you play Russian Roulette for a million bucks?  Not me!

What poor sad miserable people you 3 are.. Typical of the response you 3 always post on this board.. 

A lady probably single asks for help and all you can do is post nasty stupid replies.. All 3 of you need to get a life...

Wish I could help you.. Understand your point about not wanting to do that drive alone....I hope someone knows a driver that can help you out.

Archived