Chapala.com Webboard

Macro Libramiento

canmex87

It is referred to locally as the macrolibramiento and the remainder of it was scheduled to open about now.  I rode by those parts several weeks ago and it looks pretty close.  In one of the articles, it suggests opening the part to Lopez Mateos in November.

https://www.informador.mx/macrolibramiento-t337

Just made the trip to Guayabitos today. The Macrolibriamentp-Tepic Hwy interchange has changed a lot since August. The exit signs are up in both directions with the GDL route covered up. The exit and entrance ramps appear to be done. They’re nicely paved with guardrails in place. This is the first activity I’ve seen on the cuota interchange this year.

The Jala-Compostela bypass is now open. There were people working on Sunday on a couple of mountainside cuts that must have seen the mudslides. Lots of concrete pins, fencing and cubes of stone to prevent more of the same.

It was Sunday so Guadalajara traffic was good but we made the trip to Guayabitos in less than 4 hours.

12 hours ago, John Shrall said:

Just made the trip to Guayabitos today. The Macrolibriamentp-Tepic Hwy interchange has changed a lot since August. The exit signs are up in both directions with the GDL route covered up. The exit and entrance ramps appear to be done. They’re nicely paved with guardrails in place. This is the first activity I’ve seen on the cuota interchange this year.

The Jala-Compostela bypass is now open. There were people working on Sunday on a couple of mountainside cuts that must have seen the mudslides. Lots of concrete pins, fencing and cubes of stone to prevent more of the same.

It was Sunday so Guadalajara traffic was good but we made the trip to Guayabitos in less than 4 hours.

Hi John, how do you get on the hwy. to Guayabitos? Lopex Meteos?

If you go east on Ninos Heros (just north of Lazaro Cardenas), it will merge with Dr Michael and feed directly into the Chapala Hwy, avoiding that messy interchange. 

drove through there Friday on the Chapala Highway and the interchange is finished in both directions. As an aside, there is new construction work going on as described recently in the Guadalajara Reporter (on Hwy 23). I am planning to travel to Tepic in the not too distant future, so my question is, can I rely on the interchange sign which points me to Tepic via the macrolibriamento, or is there a chance I may need to backtrack and inch through Guadalajara?

When we returned from the coast on Saturday, there were 3 signs posted prior to the cuota exit announcing the new libriamento to Zapoltenejo. The last sign said En Operación but unfortunately the barriers were still up. The covers were taken off the green overhead exit signs too. 

Maybe there'll soon be another press event with the mayor of Guadalajara and governor of Jalisco showing off the new road.

The Jala-Compostela bypass is still open with lots of workers hanging on the side of the mountain installing fencing, drilling holes and installing square concrete supports.

You'll have to drive past it and continue north to the first retorno past the burrito place, and backtrack to the entry ramp.  Not very well engineered to say the least.  We drove past it after going to Costco Lopez Mateos on Sunday and while it looked like the part between Lopez Mateos and Chapala Highway was about to open, further on it looked liked they hadn't finished the exit ramp at Lopez Mateos for southbound traffic coming from the direction of Tepic.

Plus they are finally repairing that nearly destroyed part of Chapala highway on either side of the new road which is going to add to your motoring pleasure.  Between there and here you'll find no shortage of tire killer potholes still.

18 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

You'll have to drive past it and continue north to the first retorno past the burrito place, and backtrack to the entry ramp.  Not very well engineered to say the least.  We drove past it after going to Costco Lopez Mateos on Sunday and while it looked like the part between Lopez Mateos and Chapala Highway was about to open, further on it looked liked they hadn't finished the exit ramp at Lopez Mateos for southbound traffic coming from the direction of Tepic.

Plus they are finally repairing that nearly destroyed part of Chapala highway on either side of the new road which is going to add to your motoring pleasure.  Between there and here you'll find no shortage of tire killer potholes still.

Thanks

Archived