Chapala.com Webboard

eSun is now Opiere Solar

hkrause

There was a previous post wondering about the status of eSun, but comments have been closed. I'll post here instead. This isn't an "ad" for the company, but info for anybody looking for them. We had a system installed by Nyah and his people right in the middle of them changing from eSun to the new company. Apparently the owner was having financial difficulties, which is why eSun "closed." In reality, Nyah and all the other eSun people (other than the owner) are still doing the same installs and solar work, but had to switch to a new name. If you are a former eSun customer, they are handling warranty work for your system, so you can contact them for that, or for new installations. Here's their new info (apparently the old email and phone number(s) will still work as well):

Opiere Solar
Nyah Walters, Solar Advisor
331-400-2646
01-800-099-0763
ventasa@opiere.com
www.opiere.com/solar
Francisco Villa #31, West Ajijic

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I wondered if they were not one and the same. When I read their Advertisement in the Guad Reporter these last several week, I noticed that there were offices all over Mexico just like eSun. I am very glad that the folks are up and running again. Over the past many years I have always received great service from them

• 2 months later...

We had a solar system installed by e-sun in Puerto Vallarta this last summer. It was completed and paid for except the final connections to the power system as they were waiting for CFE to install the new meter. At this time e-sun went dark and I could not reach anyone to check on our status. I recently  found that Opiere was the new business and contacted Lydia (the name she gave me) in the PV office. She had our file and said that the former owner was on the lam, having drained the finances of the company and left the employees unpaid. She said the employees started a new company and were trying to help the customers of e-sun (not out of any obligation, but because they were just being nice). We flew down to PV in December to try to sort everything out. We met with this woman to sign a new contract with CFE so the new meter could be installed. She acknowledged that everything was paid in full and said she would set up the CFE meter install and final hook up/testing. Now she has dropped off the earth and will not answer texts, calls or email. CFE won’t tell me if the contract is in or if/when the hookup is planned, over the phone. I need to come into the PV CFE office to get that info. Since we are in Seattle, my contractor is going to try to do this tomorrow for us.

Lydia certainly implied that they were not obligated to take care of us now, or in the future with potential warranty issues. Her attitude was that she had been ripped off by the former owner, and anything she did for us was only out of the kindness of her heart.  

I am thinking that we might have to eventually speak with a lawyer to see if Opiere is, in fact, obligated to finish the job and honor the warranty. I’d like to speak with the new owner first though to see what he says. I’d rather keep it from turning into a fight.

Does anyone know the owners name and contact info? Or a good intermediate to contact? The 800 number is not dialable from our home in the states (or I just don’t know how to dial it correctly).

any other suggestions are welcome too.

Thank you

• Haha 2

Opiere PV is run by Nidia Bellato. adminpv@opiere.com 322-130-4702.

I have been trying to get more panels installed in Guayabitos. eSun did my original install in June.I don’t expect the company to be around long based on the difficulty communicating and even getting a bid for the install. She answers the phone every so often but has been better with emails.

When a company gets a call from a past customer saying they  want more panels, just send the price and install date and can’t followup promptly I question how they think they’ll get new business.

I called Nyah to get the PV contact info, He answered the phone on the first  ring while in a meeting and made the call to Nidia to call me back. Much better response than PV.

Good luck getting your problem resolved. It took me 4 months to get eSun and CFE coordinated to install the new meter and to add insult to injury, CFE wouldn’t apply any credits to the one meter spinning backwards  during the wait. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/14/2018 at 11:08 AM, John Shrall said:

Opiere PV is run by Nidia Bellato. adminpv@opiere.com 322-130-4702.

I have been trying to get more panels installed in Guayabitos. eSun did my original install in June.I don’t expect the company to be around long based on the difficulty communicating and even getting a bid for the install. She answers the phone every so often but has been better with emails.

When a company gets a call from a past customer saying they  want more panels, just send the price and install date and can’t followup promptly I question how they think they’ll get new business.

I called Nyah to get the PV contact info, He answered the phone on the first  ring while in a meeting and made the call to Nidia to call me back. Much better response than PV.

Good luck getting your problem resolved. It took me 4 months to get eSun and CFE coordinated to install the new meter and to add insult to injury, CFE wouldn’t apply any credits to the one meter spinning backwards  during the wait. 

On 1/14/2018 at 4:41 PM, traderspoc said:

Nayh is great, they helped me out as opiere lake side

i trust them and have 8 panels put in by esun

and recommend them highly

wayne

Update: Well today I received two emails and a phone call from Nidia in PV. She told me that she spent 4 hours this morning at CFE getting my contract sorted and the bi-directional meter installation scheduled. She also mentioned that the owner of Opiere (Johnathan Hernandez) apparently read my post here and contacted her.  She said that she gave the owner my number as he wished to speak with me about this. I am not sure what else he told her, but she seems to be working on my account now. 

I believe it bodes well, and I really appreciate the fact that the owner read about my situation and took immediate action to step in and help me. I’m looking forward to hearing from him. I hope that he will tell me that my system’s warranty will be honored and I will be considered their client from now, going forward.

Thanks for the input. I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Scott

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Jonas said:

Are they still in business?

i have a 24 panel system and want to get quotes to but need to know if inverter has capacity 

Jonas,

Much can depend on the wattage of your existing panels, even more so than inverter capacity.    Current larger wattage & higher efficiency panels can generally be more cost effective and give you higher performance, than trying to find the same size as what you currently have.    Feel free to PM with your system info.