Chapala.com Webboard

New Direct Flights to-from Canada

Natasha

As seen on Mexico News Daily today, Interjet has started year-round service from Vancouver to Mexico City and Cancun 4 days a week, with prices starting at $519 CAD. Getting from DF to Guad is a snap, and this lets one avoid all the hassle at U.S. airports!

Starting March 14 and 15, Westjet is also staring 3 a week from Vancouver to Mexico City, and 3 also from Calgary to Mexico City. After April 29 they will fly daily service from both. No initial prices given.

1 hour ago, suegarn said:

Unfortunately, those flights don't help if you want to go to and from anywhere east of Calgary!   ☹️

Toronto to PV is east of Calgary. Everybody that I know from Western Canada flies to PV  and then have the choice of bus or plane to Guadalajara so why fly to Mexico city and then have to fly from there to here. Actually a friend just recently took a cab to Chapala from the PV airport.

Aeromexcio has had direct flights from Mexico City to Vancouver for awhile. Too bad one of those new direct flight from Vancouver will not go to Guadalajara.

21 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I've been taking direct flights on Westjet from Vancouver to PV for years. They've had direct flights to lots of places in Mexico for many years.

Not in the summer you haven't! Only way I could have done that last July was by going to Calgary first, then Vancouver (and then on to Victoria) and vice-versa---- too many hours and too many $$$

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

Not in the summer you haven't! Only way I could have done that last July was by going to Calgary first, then Vancouver (and then on to Victoria) and vice-versa---- too many hours and too many $$$

Yes, in the summer. Not this last summer, I did have to go through Calgary. But in years past there were direct flights. I save all my old flight info, and just checked.

I'm flying Interjet, Mexico City to Toronto, on November 2.  Yes, the nonstop flight is the red-eye.  Leaves Mexico City at 11:45PM, arrives Toronto at 6:30AM (Toronto's time doesn't change to EST until Nov. 5, they're 2 hours ahead of us till then so it looks like a longer flight than it is).  Return is November 12, flight leaves Toronto at 11:00PM, arrives Mexico City 2:40AM.  Cost for one checked bag, free carry-on up to 10 kilos, free choice of seat, 80 peso travel insurance: $488.00USD round trip.

Interjet also flies Mexico City/Montreal.  

When/if the actual passenger demand is there they will be falling over each other to file for that route. Until then, they don't like losing money on half full flights.

Archived