Chapala.com Webboard

Toscanos Pizza

stoneleigh

If you’re talking about the yellow house on the lakeside of the Carretera in Riberas across the cross street from the newer Pemex station, they are no longer located there. They moved some time ago and are on the mountain side of the Carretera in Ajijic between the glorieta entrance to La Floresta and Revolución, next door to Johanna’s German restaurant.

3 hours ago, stoneleigh said:

I'm referring to their new location.  The white gates are always closed.

I think they may be closed on Mondays, but I noticed people there at their outdoor tables Sunday. Planning to go to lunch with friends there tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back to town on Wednesday and went to Toscanna, our favorite pizza place in the whole wide world,  last night.  Their caprese and tricolore salads were wonderful and their thin crust pizzas were as delicious as ever.  The only negative was the lack of patrons.  There were just 3 other customers at a table when we arrived at 7 pm and they left shortly after, leaving the whole restaurant to us.  We fear that if business doesn't improve they may be gone soon which would be a terrible shame'

So the next time you feel like a state-of-the-art pizza we hope you rush to Toscanna!

We've been there at least 6 times in the last year and have never seen another table occupied until yesterday when a family was at one of the outdoor tables. Apparently, they do sufficient delivery and take-away business to keep going. 

Archived