Chapala.com Webboard

FOUND: ATM card for Jack Pomp

sunnyvmx

I have the ATM card for Mr. Jack  Pomp.  I would be happy to return the card with proper ID.  If you know Jack, please give him my phone number.

331 319 1012

3 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

...and the CIRCUMSTANCES ?

Why, the bank wants you too report it as lost? They cancel it and send another with a different number. If one finds a card, they can tell the owner that they have it and then use it knowing the owner hasn't reported it lost and is waiting for its return. 

I really don't know what you guys are going on about, but I found it in the ATM machine when I went to use it.  Maybe I should just toss it instead of going to this trouble to find him.

Found a lost debit card — now what?

Chase spokeswoman Lauren Francis says calling the toll-free number on the back of the card is the best thing to do.

“Upon that call, we’re closing that account immediately,” Francis says.

She says despite Patel’s experience, Chase representatives are supposed to tell good Samaritans to either drop off the card at a nearby branch or to cut up and destroy the card themselves.

http://www.bankrate.com/financing/banking/what-to-do-after-you-find-a-lost-debit-card/

2 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Some people are not happy unless they disagree with everyone else's commone sense. So be it.

9 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Found a lost debit card — now what?

Chase spokeswoman...

If an honest person found my bank card in the machine, I'd definitely appreciate that they made an effort to contact me before having the card canceled. It can be a hassle getting a new one, i.e. having to make a special trip to the bank, fill out paperwork, come up with a new pin, etc.

5 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

It can be a hassle getting a new one, i.e. having to make a special trip to the bank, fill out paperwork, come up with a new pin, etc.

Wrong bank. I call mine and they FedEx me a replacement.

Just now, AngusMactavish said:

Wrong bank. I call mine and they FedEx me a replacement.

You have no idea what kind of bank card it was. I left my Bancomer bank card in a machine, had to cancel it, wait until the next time (5 days later) I was able to drive the half hour to the bank to get a new one, spent half an hour dealing with it, half an hour back, meantime wasn't able to access my online banking, and to reset the new card for online banking took another half hour. I can think of better things to do with my time.

Just now, mudgirl said:

You have no idea what kind of bank card it was. I left my Bancomer bank card in a machine, had to cancel it, wait until the next time (5 days later) I was able to drive the half hour to the bank to get a new one, spent half an hour dealing with it, half an hour back, meantime wasn't able to access my online banking, and to reset the new card for online banking took another half hour. I can think of better things to do with my time.

Wrong bank, sorry.

I still have the card and it's safe.  I'm hoping to save someone a lot of trouble replacing it.  He may not notice it's gone until he needs to use it again. 

Archived