Chapala.com Webboard

U$D-MX Exchange Rate

Bookworm

Anybody else noticing that Capital One is no longer exchanging dollars for pesos at ....... (or even near) the current published "Mastercard/Forex" rate or the rate shown on the X-Rates site.  A few months ago I would check those sites before & after an ATM visit and my CapOne exch. rate would be very, very close.  Last week and today ........... not the case.  For example, today I received $18.94 rather than $19.21 shown on both the above sites.  Granted, it's not a massive dif but, on a large ticket item, it adds up.

The peso has been devaluing pretty fast the past few weeks, so when it is in that mode I think we can probably expect a bigger difference between the rate you receive and what is published. Be happy with 18.94. It would have been 17.94 only a few weeks ago.

II use CBanko at Laguna Mall.  They charged me 17.40 pesos ($ .92 cents) to withdraw 19000 pesos.

Oasis .... as I said, past experience with this card and this ATM resulted in a rate received that was very close to the published rate. (even back at the beginning of the year when it was crazy.

2 hours ago, Mrs. Rupert said:

Would like to know what ATM you are using with Capital One that does not charge fees.  Even in Chapala, at Banorte machines, there are charges  by the Chapala municipality for using them.  I used to get pesos at El Torito, but that option is long gone.

I'm curious to know how (and how much) the Chapala municipality charges for using a Banorte ATM.  

On 10/26/2017 at 6:34 PM, El Saltos said:

Nothing.

Mrs. Rupert's post says that she was charged to use the Banorte ATM by the Chapala municipality.  See her post made Wednesday, Oct 25, 2017 at 7:18AM.

It has been a while, but I was charged around $2.50 to use the machine in Chapala by Chapala municipality.  So, stopped going to Chapala and started using Walmart's machine which was the same charge as in Chapala.  I did/do not know of any other locations of ATMs in the area that were put in by Banorte that would be Capital One no fees.

28 minutes ago, Mrs. Rupert said:

It was charged in the new location for the Banorte machine in Chapala- not Bancomer, and I was charged a fee by the municipality.

How in the world could they collect money from you for using a bank ATM?  I don't doubt your word, but that they could do it seems crazy to me.

I check the official Mexican peso to US dollar exchange rate each afternoon by going to

http://www.banxico.org.mx/     

It shows that as of noon today that the spot rate was 19.2188 pesos per US dollar

Although I occasionally use an ATM to change dollars to pesos. I find that best way to do it is wire same directly to my Actinver Brokerage account, not Bank account at Actinver. I am sure that brokerage accounts at other institutions also provide great rates.

Archived