Chapala.com Webboard

Where to find white cotton towels & cotton bras

cookj5

I don't know why but finding anything in cotton in MX is a real pain.  I looked everywhere for 100% cotton shorts with no luck.  I finally ended up getting them from Amazon.

I haven't ever looked for bras but from of the comments from women who have, they are not easy to find in MX.

The best bet ar the expensive stores, I do not like synthetic either and it can be a little tough finding 100% cotton but it is possible.  I usually find something in Liverpool or the othr upscale stores.. Sometimes you get lucky and find them locally but it is not always easy.. 

50 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Yeah, and then the OP's problem is solved.  :lol:

Actually no, according to Angus' opinion of what the OP (and most older women) look like, she'd be smothered.

The very big problem with Mexican bra's is that they are nearly all padded, with seams in strange places and/or with wires and in very bright colours. No thank you very much. Very occasionally, I would find a plain white cotton.

This is now my choice... cheap, extraordinarily comfortable and soft, no seams. Unfortunately it's not cotton but is still surprisingly cool. The sizing (chart) is easy to understand and, because there are three sets of triple hooks for closure at the back, the sizing is not exceptionally critical. Hope this helps...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T6TTDCC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&th=1

3 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

To each his own but I find WAY too many people throwing around "ist" words in an effort to shut other people up. What has happened to people's sense of humor? Can we no longer enjoy a chuckle if it even remotely is connected to ourselves? I'm half Polish, grew up hearing Polish jokes, and laugh as hard as anyone at a good one. There's a whole bunch of people wrapped way too tight, IMHO.

Yeah, calling older women saggers is hilarious. Bet you roll on the floor when mentally slower folks are called retards and that person with a limp is called a gimp or a crip. I guess I lack the higher level of sophistication required to appreciate mocking people who just asked a simple question on a web board. 

33 minutes ago, Xena said:

Yeah, calling older women saggers is hilarious. Bet you roll on the floor when mentally slower folks are called retards and that person with a limp is called a gimp or a crip. I guess I lack the higher level of sophistication required to appreciate mocking people who just asked a simple question on a web board. 

Well if the shoe fits me I wear it and laugh just as hard. Your ultra aggressive attitude is surely admired by like minded people but not everyone. I think some are afraid to smile for fear their faces might break......or worse be labeled a turncoat by their "group". To each his own.

Thank God we have the humor police to inform us what is politically correct to laugh at. How did we survive all those years before? We would have all been burned at the stake.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I appreciate humour and good wit but not at the expense of someone else. Don Rickles was revered by some but I was never one of them. Pappy, you and RV are excellent posters... but not on this thread.

9 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I appreciate humour and good wit but not at the expense of someone else. Don Rickles was revered by some but I was never one of them. Pappy, you and RV are excellent posters... but not on this thread.

Gracias Ferret, sorry if you were offended.  Yes, all of us seem to have a different "sense of humor". Rickles was OK with me whereas Robin Williams never made me even smile, never mind laugh whereas most people thought he was hilarious. We must not all be the same.........

8 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Well if the shoe fits me I wear it and laugh just as hard. Your ultra aggressive attitude is surely admired by like minded people but not everyone. I think some are afraid to smile for fear their faces might break......or worse be labeled a turncoat by their "group". To each his own.

Thank God we have the humor police to inform us what is politically correct to laugh at. How did we survive all those years before? We would have all been burned at the stake.

One thing I really like about Mexico is the lack of political correctness. If you're fat they call you Gordo, if skinny Flaco, if bald, Pelon, no one pretends not to notice that someone is 100 pounds overweight and those nicknames are given and spoken affectionately and no one takes offense. I use a plumber whose nickname is Gordo, but he isn't fat, so I asked him about that. He said, Oh, but I USED to be fat- I lost 40 kilos. They still call him Gordo and he couldn't care less.

However, The poster's comment which makes the assumption that any woman on this board who has an interest in finding a comfortable bra must be old and saggy does not fall into the category of good-natured teasing. IMO.

What an "uplifting" topic!

I had some question about who "Angus" was before this thread, but style comes through every time.  No more question.

There was at least one practical suggestion: Blow the bank and go to Liverpool.  They have the good old fashioned "fitters" there and can probably fix you up, so to speak.

For comfortable cotton clothes, including pants, go to Alicia's in Chapala...across from the waterfront restaurant row. Lots of choices at reasonable prices. Bring a bilingual friend if you can.  She and her parrot don't speak English.

Liverpool and Sears are both good choices. There used to ge a bra outlet at the outlet mall between Jocotopec and Guadalajara. I really would check Coppel first because it is handy and easy. I do not think Liverpool is any more expensive than any US department store.

1 hour ago, Prudent said:

Liverpool and Sears are both good choices. There used to ge a bra outlet at the outlet mall between Jocotopec and Guadalajara. I really would check Coppel first because it is handy and easy. I do not think Liverpool is any more expensive than any US department store.

I'd say it's about like a Macy's: not overpriced, but not cheap.

Archived