Chapala.com Webboard

The Lake level

cedros

The lake level is not higher because of the local rain, which is about 20 inches less than last year, but because the upstream dams on the Lerma released a lot of water this year.  Hope they held back enough for their agricultural needs this winter.  Their irrigation methods waste a lot of water.

I'm loving the lake level up along with the windy days - it almost feels like the ocean!  This is the highest the lake has been since 2008-09 when we had a very abundant rainy season here as well as the floodgates being opened around the lake, causing it to rise very rapidly towards the end of August, 2008.  The old Ajijic Parque flooded for months, but this was not like when a river floods and recedes.  The lake level was up for months causing many of the trees in the affected area to die.  When the lake receded after several months, construction began on the new maleocon.  I have documented these events and changes in the following foto album.  Enjoy:

Question for Mods:  I would also like to post fotos/videos of a fiesta coming up in Ajijic as well as Dia de los Muertos, for all the newbies who might be unfamiliar with the real fiesta season here.  But when I try to post a new item, I don't get a blank screen to start with but one with an old post that comes up automatically.  Why?  Is there a new rule you can only post one new item per day?  I've done this many times before and am puzzled as to why it isn't working now.  Please advise, Gracias!!  

Archived